The Lifestyle List
November is notorious for beautiful weather — enjoy the weekend!
Friday, Nov. 3
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- View an array of in-water boats and marine accessories at the annual event, which has nearly 1,500 boats on display. Attractions include fishing clinics for kids, educational sea life touch-tanks, on-the-water boat handling workshops and live water sport demonstration.
- When: 10 a.m.–7 p.m., through Nov. 5 (10 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Where: Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach (801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale)
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival
- The film fest showcases independent cinema (more than 160 films) from 48 countries.
- When: Through Nov. 19
LAST WEEKEND: Annual Fall Harvest Festival and Pumpkin Patch
- Enjoy family fun this fall with kid’s crafts, hayrides (on the weekends), live music, barbecue, pumpkin patch and more.
- Where: Flamingo Road Nursery (1655 S. Flamingo Road, Davie)
For the Foodies
Estrella Damm Chef’s Choice
- The series will highlight 50 of Miami’s top chefs and restaurants. The world-renowned beer, brewed in Barcelona with Mediterranean ingredients since 1876, is encouraging chefs to push their culinary boundaries by offering an exclusive three-course meal inspired by the unique flavors of the Mediterranean featuring this year’s signature ingredient—garbanzos. Chefs and restaurants will create one-of-a-kind menus showcasing their creativity, priced from $30 to $70, which will include an appetizer, entrée featuring garbanzos (chickpeas) and a dessert, paired with an Estrella Damm beer.
- When: Through Nov. 30
Tarzan: The Musical
- The show, based on Disney’s animated musical adventure about a boy raised by gorillas, also features music by rock legend, Phil Collins.
- When: 7:30 p.m. (Saturday, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m.)
- Where: Broward Center for the Performing arts
Saturday, Nov. 4
- Rock ’n’ roll royalty will grace the stage at the two-day event, which features Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (pictured), Lynyrd Skynyrd and Cheap Trick. Sixteen will perform their hits at C.B. Smith Park. Hair and makeup salon Kaizen Beauty Academy will be on-site to tease hair to nostalgic heights with 1980s-style makeovers. A muscle-car show and a street-art exhibition add a different artistic element to the festival.
- When: Noon—10:30 p.m.; Sunday, noon—10 p.m.
- Where: 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines
Walk to End Lupus Now
- The Lupus Foundation of America’s Florida Chapter will host its annual walk to raise funds to find a cure for the autoimmune disease.
- When: 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Cirque du Soirée
- The Ghost Light Society will host its 8th annual party to benefit the arts-in-education programs at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. There will be an array of food, open bar, dancing and more.
- When: 7–11p.m.
- Price: $125 for society members, $150 for non-members
- Where: Parker Playhouse, Fort Lauderdale
Florida Panthers vs. New York Rangers
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: BB&T Center
Miami Hurricanes vs. Virginia Tech Hokies
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium
- The multi-platinum singer-songwriter is performing live on stage.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina
- Nacho, Gente De Zona, Don Omar, CNCO and Reik will perform live.
- When: 8:15 p.m.
- Where: AmericanAirlines Arena
- The actor and comedian is performing live.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Live, Hollywood
Sunday, Nov. 5
Miami Dolphins vs. Oakland Raiders
- When: 1 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium (347 Don Shula Dr., Miami Gardens)
67-cent cheesecake at Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery
- To celebrate its 67th anniversary, the restaurant is offering a slice of its traditional plain cheesecake for 67 cents. It is available at lunch and dinner with the purchase of an entree, both dine-in and take-out. It will also offer an entire (small) traditional plain cheesecake for $9.50 and a large for $19.50, in honor of its 1950 opening. Any variety of an entire cheesecake ordered online will receive $9.50 off the order.
- When: Nov. 7
Happy Harvest Recognition Breakfast: Hurricane Hero Edition
- Feeding South Florida’s third annual event, presented by Hoffman’s Chocolates, will celebrate those who work tirelessly to help end hunger throughout South Florida and honor its “Hurricane Heros.”
- When: Nov. 8, 8:30–10:30 a.m.
- Where: The Signature Grand, Davie
Miss ARC Broward Pageant
- The fifth annual event empowers young women with disabilities. Contestants showcase their individuality in the categories of evening wear, talent and personality.
- When: Nov. 12, 3 p.m.
- Where: Parker Playhouse