The Lifestyle List
The LMG team would love to wish you, our wonderful readers, a happy Thanksgiving. We’re thankful for your continued support.
Thursday, Nov. 23: *THANKSGIVING*
Pop-up holiday cocktail bar
- Miracle, a pop-up holiday cocktail bar, will appear in 50 locations worldwide, with one in South Florida at Death or Glory in Delray Beach. Libations include Christmopolitan, Muletide, Bad Santa and How the Gimlet Stole Christmas—and come in festive glasses (pictured). Death or Glory will deck the halls with lights, garlands and vintage-inspired Christmas decorations.
- When: Through Dec. 31
- Where: 116 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach
Feast at Junior’s
- Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery is hosting an all-day Thanksgiving. Breakfast is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and festive fare begins at 11 a.m. Specials include Roast Maryland Turkey ($23.95) and Roast Turkey Leg ($23.95), which are served with chestnut stuffing, giblet gravy, green bean almandine, candied yams, cranberry sauce and butternut squash soup (cup: $4.95, bowl: $6.95). Save room for pumpkin cheesecake ($7.75) and pumpkin pie ($6.00), apple ($6.00) and pecan pie ($6.00). The regular menu will be available, in addition to the Thanksgiving specials. Breakfast also will be served from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 24.
- Where: 409 Plaza Real at Mizner Park in Boca Raton
Dinner at Truluck’s
- Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House Boca Raton is offering a three-course Thanksgiving feast from noon to 9 p.m. Guests craving Truluck’s signature seafood and steak dishes will have the option to check out the full menu.
- Price: $38 per adult, $15 for children
- Where: 351 Plaza Real at Mizner Park in Boca Raton
Friday, Nov. 24
- Jump into the Christmas scene at Bass Pro Shop, where there will be cabins, holiday characters and live elves set against a dazzling backdrop of snow-covered hills and illuminated trees. The event also features remote control trucks, a laser foam toy arcade, Lincoln Logs building area and more.
- When: Weekdays, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.; weekend, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: 200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach
Saturday, Nov. 25: *Small Business Saturday*
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be displayed on a giant screen, while a live orchestra performs John Williams’ score.
- When: 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Where: Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
Cocktails for History
- Cocktails for Humanity, a monthly pop-up bar that supports a good cause, presents “Cocktails for History,” featuring an all-star lineup of community leaders volunteering as bartenders. All the proceeds will benefit the Historic Stranahan House.
- When: 6–11 p.m.
- Where: General Provision (525 NW 1st Ave., Fort Lauderdale)
Sunday, Nov. 26
- Devon Teuscher and Cory Stearns, guest artists and principal dancers from American Ballet Theatre, will perform as Cinderella and Prince alongside kids from the Boy’s & Girls Club.
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Parker Playhouse
Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grill redesigned
- Just in time for the holiday season, Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille, the restaurant inside the charming Riverside Hotel in the heart of Las Olas, is debuting new lunch offerings and a contemporary design. Shareables include savory conch beignets ($10) with lemon zest and charred shishito remoulade; shishito fries ($8) featuring tempura batter, lava salt and sambal aioli; and grilled oysters ($12) with kale, bacon, cream, and parmesan. Featured afternoon entrees are the street tacos ($5 each) made with white corn tortilla, smoky tomatillo salsa, red chili sauce, jicama slaw, and pickled jalapeno with your choice of short rib, blackened chicken, tempura shrimp or catch of the day; salmon poke bowl ($16) served with avocado, quinoa, cucumber, radish, scallion, carrot and soy-kimchi vinaigrette; and snapper escabeche ($26) served grilled or fried with charred scallion, red onion, fennel, scotch bonnet, dill and lemon oil. The outdoor patio also has been redesigned, with modern furnishings and dark-accented walls that open out onto Las Olas. The main dining room gained a dose of chicness with black-and-white furniture and deep blue accents. A large glass wall overlooks the patio, as well.
- Broward County’s new kosher food pantry, The Cupboard, is holding a volunteer orientation every Monday from 10 a.m. to noon at its warehouse (4703 SW 51st Street, Bay 4, Davie). Help the staff sort and stock food, take orders and more for clients. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-530-7555.