The Lifestyle List
Friday, Dec. 15
George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker”
- Miami City Ballet presents the beloved holiday ballet, which features new sets and costumes this year.
- When: Through Dec. 30
- Where: Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami; Broward Center for the Performing Arts; Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, West Palm Beach
- Cirque du Soleil’s new show, premiering Friday in Miami, is inspired by the adventurous spirit of action sports.
- When: 8 p.m. (through Jan. 14)
- Where: Tent next to Hard Rock Stadium, Miami
Saturday, Dec. 16
Breakfast with Santa
- Join Santa and his elves, Rudolph and the Grinch for a fun-filled breakfast with pancakes, bounce houses, pony rides, crafts, story time and more.
- When: 10 a.m.–noon
- Price: $7 for adults, $5 for children under 12
- Where: Hagen Park Community Center (2020 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors)
Holiday Party at Grille 401
- The stylish restaurant on Las Olas Boulevard is hosting a Merry Grillemas Christmas Party, where diners can enjoy live music and holiday-themed cocktails, such as the Jolly Christmas Martini ($8), Grinch Punch ($7) and Santa’s Little Helper ($7). During the event, Grille 401 will accept unwrapped toys, offering a complimentary drink. All toys donated will benefit Toys for Tots.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: 401 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
South Florida Symphony
- The symphony is performing its 20th anniversary Masterworks Concerts. Enjoy the sultry music of Falla’s El Amor Brujo danced by Siudy Flamenco Dance Theater, as well as Michael Daugherty’s three time Grammy winning Tales of Hemingway, with celebrated cellist Zuill Bailey and Mozart’s beloved Haffner Symphony.
- When: Through Dec. 19
- Tickets: Available at southfloridasymphony.org or 954.522.8445
Miami Heat vs. LA Clippers
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: AmericanAirlines Arena
Sunday, Dec. 17
Y100’s Jingle Ball
- Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Charlie Puth, Logic and more are performing live on stage.
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise
Holiday Lights Cruises
- The Water Taxi of Fort Lauderdale’s annual holiday cruises are back. From Dec. 11–23, there will be two cruises at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Museum of Ice Cream Miami
- The much-awaited museum opens Dec. 13. Visitors can come Wednesday through Monday, and tickets—$38 per person and available in advance, online-only—include tastings of in-house treats.
- Experience one of South Florida’s favorite family traditions with Stranahan House’s annual Victorian Christmas. Fort Lauderdale’s oldest home will be dressed in immaculate holiday décor, and evening tours will feature costumed guides, live music and more. Advanced registration is required—call 954.524.4736.
- When: Dec. 18–23, 7 p.m.
- Price: $30 per person
- Where: 335 SE 6th Ave., Fort Lauderdale