The Lifestyle List
The Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and associate editor of The Washington Post visits Boca Raton as part of Florida Atlantic University’s 2018 Alan B. and Charna Larkin Symposium on the American presidency. Robinson, a regular on MSNBC and NBC’s “Meet the Press,” will speak about “Covering the Presidency in the Modern Media Age.”
Where: Carole and Barry Kaye Auditorium at Florida Atlantic University’s Student Union, Boca Raton
When: Feb. 22, 3:30 p.m.
Tickets: $35; 561.297.6124; fauevents.com
Friday, Feb. 16
- La Centrale – Italian Food Hall opens at Brickell City Centre. It includes three levels and 40,000 square feet of Italian eateries, retail, event spaces and more including grab-and-go counters, sit-down restaurants, a wine shop and more.
- When: February 16
- Where: 701 S. Miami Ave.
- Tickets: lacentralemiami.com
- Rumours, a Fleetwood Mac Tribute
- Where: Revolution Live, 100 SW Third Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets: jointherevolution.net
- The Tony-winning musical tells the story of what happened to the witches of Oz before Dorothy arrived.
- Where: Broward Center, SW Fifth Ave.
- When: Five performances this weekend
- Tickets: browardcenter.org
- An adaptation of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical telling of the fairy tale.
- Where: Center Stage Performing Arts, 7200 West Camino Real, Suite 330
- When: Feb. 17 & 18, 2 p.m.
- Tickets: centerstageboca.com
Saturday, Feb. 17
- The Emmy Award-winning comedian riffs with the audience using her trademark wit.
- Where: Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eighth St., Fort Lauderdale
- When: 8 p.m.
- Tickets: parkerplayhouse.com
Boca Raton Winter Comedy Festival
- Hosted by Michael Cintron, comedians perform for $300 in prizes and audience participates by voting for the top two comedians.
- Where: The Funky Buddha Lounge and Brewery, 2621 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton
- When: 8 p.m.
- Tickets: $7; thefunkybuddha.com/comedy
- Live music, games, craft beer from Funky Buddha Brewery, food trucks, live and more.
- Where: ArtWalk, 9405 NW 31st Court, Coral Springs
- When: 6-10 p.m.
- Info: coralsprings.org/unplugged
Sunday, Feb. 18
- Orchestrated by James Judd, South Florida’s chamber orchestra performs Strauss’ Emperor Waltz, Haydn’s Symphony No. 103 and Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5, “Emperor”
- When: 3 p.m.
- Where: Roberts Theater, Saint Andrew’s School, 3900 Jog Road in Boca Raton
- Info: thesymphonia.org
Celebrate National Drink Wine Day
- Villa Azur offers $8 wines by the glass or 50 percent off a selection of bottles.
- Where: 309 23rd St., Miami Beach
- Info: villaazurmiami.com
Throughout the Weekend
Florida Renaissance Festival
- The popular festival is back this year. This weekend’s theme is Time Travelers, celebrating all things steampunk and Victorian.
- Where: Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
- When: 10 a.m.-sunset through President’s Day
- Info: ren-fest.com
Don’t Miss Out: Museum of Ice Cream extends its stay in Miami
- After selling out its initial run, Museum of Ice Cream will be extending its sold-out stay through the end of Feb. 26.
Keep the Love Going: Valentine’s Dinners and Specials
Coco Asian Bistro & Bar
- The restaurant offers an array of Valentine’s Day a la carte specials such as the My Valentine Roll, with spicy tuna, scallions and cream cheese, wrapped in pink soy paper; molten chocolate lava cake with raspberries and strawberries, lemongrass creme brulee. Don’t miss the special Valentine’s Day cocktail, the Strawberry Champagne Bellini. Keyboardist Rich Hurt and singer Babylyn entertain diners during dinner. In addition to dinner, ladies receive a complimentary long-stemmed red rose and each table receives complimentary heart-shaped chocolate.
- Where: Harbor Shops at 1841 Cordova Road, Fort Lauderdale
- When: Feb. 16-17
- Tickets: cocoasianbistro.com
BRIO Tuscan Grille
- The Valentine’s Day menu features a Sweetheart Martini, Lobster & Shrimp Scampi or Bistecca BRIO, and Molten Chocolate Cake with mascarpone cream and white chocolate raspberry gelato.
- Where: 499 South University Drive, Plantation; 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton; 14576 SW Fifth St., Pembroke Pines
- Info: brioitalian.com
Atlantic Hotel and Spa (pictured)
- The hotel offers several packages for couples including a three-course dinner for two at Coastal (Primi Piatta Meat & Cheese Board with prosciutto, soppressata, reggiano, mozzarella, fontina, olives, friend piadina) for $150. Or enjoy a gourmet picnic dinner on the beach with picnic blanket, utensils and more provided for $120 per couple. Need to relax? Try spa packages such as a Red Hot Love stone massage and Chocolate Dipped for Two with Swedish massage and Champagne toast.
- Where: 601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
- Info: 954.567.8020; atlantichotelfl.com
- Enjoy a special three-course brunch with Kamasutra Shrimp, Mushroom Tapenade, the restaurant’s signature Paradise Platter, a Mon Trésor, and an Art Tart to finish the meal accompanied by coffee and two complimentary glasses of Whispering Angel.
- Where: Avant Gallery at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami
- Info: Reservations required; 305.400.0036; lamusecafe.com
Tickets on Sale Now: Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton
- When: July 21
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Tickets: www.myhrl.com