The Lifestyle List
National Rosé Day, a special anniversary for the Marlins and more South Florida events for the weekend of June 8-10
Throughout the Weekend
Take yourself out to the ballgame
Miami Marlins Celebrates 25 Years
- The weekend celebrates 25 years of baseball with special offers, giveaways and more.
- $4 Vista Level tickets for all three games (the same price as an adult general admission ticket for Opening Day in 1993)
- 25th Anniversary giveaways for all fans upon admission to Marlins Park (while supplies last)
- Teal Marlins Rally Towel on Saturday, June 9
- 25th Anniversary Logo Pin on Sunday, June 10
- Limited edition 25th Anniversary shirts, hats and other merchandise
- On Sunday enjoy a Marlins Alumni Softball Game at 11:30 a.m.
- In addition, 25 Marlins alumni players, coaches and managers will make appearances throughout the ballpark each day.
- Where: Marlins Stadium
- Info: For details on marlins.com
Friday, June 8
Enjoy the warmer weather at these events
- The illusionist is known for his death-defying stunts—including surviving being encased in a block of ice for three days in New York’s Times Square.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Info: arshtcenter.org
Steven Michael Quezada
- The “Breaking Bad” star brings his standup to South Florida.
- When: June 8 & 9
- Where: Boca Black Box, 8221 Glades Road #10, Boca Raton
- Info: bocablackbox.com
Wizard of Oz
- The exhibit invites guests to explore the land of Oz with real-life explorations of visual and performing arts and investigations into light and science in collaboration with Miami Children’s Museum.
- When: Through Aug. 18
- Where: The Frank, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
- Info: charlesfdodgecitycenter.com
- The exhibit celebrates 10 years of “DBA: Doing Business as Artist Entrepreneurs” and showcases innovative works that make use of new techniques and challenge the future.
- When: Through June 22
- Where: ArtServe, 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: artserve.org
- 1 Hotel South Beach hosts a Beach Cleanup for World Oceans Day. After the cleanup, event sponsor Titos gives participants a free cocktail on the beach. The group is to meet at the beach entrance on 24th Street, and supplies will be provided.
- When: 10 a.m.-noon
- Where: 1 Hotel South Beach
- Info: 1hotels.com/south-beach
- The locally based Latin Grammy Award winner—a saxophonist, composer and orchestrator—performs his tribute to Miami, “Mamblue.”
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Arts Garage
- Info: artsgarage.org
Twilight Concert Series at Gulfstream Park
- Starting today, Gulfstream Park features live Thoroughbred horse racing followed by a free concert with a variety of acts performing throughout the summer. This Friday, enjoyfunk and rock by the Big Rock Band. Other acts this month include Valerie Tyson Band (R&B and soul), Studio 54 tribute (disco) and the Turnstiles (Bill Joel tribute)
- For a drink with your music, The Sport of Kings Theatre offers happy hour from 7-8 p.m.
- When: Race starts at 2:15 p.m.; Concert is 7-11 p.m.; Fridays through Aug. 31
- Where: 901 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
- Info: gulfstreampark.com/twilightconcertseries
Saturday, June 9
It’s National Rosé Day. Celebrate accordingly.
“Legends of the Ring”
- Pro wrestling legends Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair answer audience questions about their careers.
- When: 9 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center, 1 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: seminolehardrockhollywood.com
- The former member of boy band One Direction displayed serious musicianship with his self-titled 2017 solo release, amassing critical acclaim and continued fan devotion.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: BB&T Center, 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise
- Info: thebbtcenter.com
Philippine Summer Festival
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Philippines and other Asian cultures. It features dances and songs, food, and arts and crafts. Kids enjoy bounce houses and face painting.
- When: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: South Florida Fairgrounds, 9067 Southern Blvd., West Palm Beach
- Info: southfloridafair.com
Ready for Brunch
- ROK:BRGR launches its first Saturday brunch at its Fort Lauderdale location with live music, and menu items such as Hangover Sandwiches or a build your own Eggs Benedict at their Benedict Bar. Bottomless Mimosas are $12 with the purchase of an entree.
- When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: 208 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: thebbtcenter.com
“I’m Gonna Pray for You So Hard”
- The play by Halley Feiffer follows the complicated father-daughter relationship of competitive actress Ella and her playwright father David.
- When: June 9-July 8
- Where: GableStage at The Biltmore, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables
- Info: gablestage.org
National Rosé Day: Newport Beachside Resort & Spa
- Sip on the Farmer’s Rosé cocktail (pictured above) with M. Chapoutier Belleruche Cotes-du-Rhone Rosé. Or a choice of two Tromba tequila Rosé cocktails, and a choice of two Aviation gin Rosé cocktails.
- Where: 16701 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach
- Info: newportbeachsideresort.com
National Rosé Day: American Social
- Enjoy $34.95, you can enjoy bottomless Chandon rosé, while also feasting on the delectable Saturday brunch. Signature menu items include Chicken and Waffles, cornmeal belgian waffle, Southern fried chicken, cherries, bourbon mascarpone, maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- Where: 690 SW First Court, Miami
- Info: americansocialbar.com/brickell/contact
National Rosé Day: Shooters Waterfront
- The waterfront restaurant will be offering patrons frosé made with Domaine De Jarras rosé, Svedka vodka and passion fruit.
- Pro tip: If you can’t make it, Shooters will host a Summer Rosé Soiree on Thursday, June 21, from 5:30-7:30pm, where over 40 rosé wines from all over the world will be available for sampling.
- Where: 3033 NE 32nd Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: shooterswaterfront.com
Global Wellness Day
- Celebrate wellness with a yoga class with lululemon, circuit training and mindful meditation by Miami SoulCycle instructor Allison Santini. Guests can also enjoy cold-ressed juices by Juicera as well as singing bowl sessions between classes and a 20 percent discount on services of 50-minutes or longer by the Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami.
- When: 9-11 a.m.
- Where: Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Info: mandarinoriental.com
Sunday, June 10
End the weekend with a splash and a negroni
Two on Tap
- Dazzling choreography harks back to the golden age of musicals and pays tribute to classic movie couples such as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
- When: 2 p.m.
- Where: Sunrise Civic Center, 10610 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Sunrise
- Info: sunrisefl.gov
National Negroni Week
- Valentino and One Door East will be offering three Negroni cocktails priced at $12 each. The Classic Negroni is made with Gordon’s Gin, Campari and sweet vermouth. Also on the menu is the Rumroni Negroni with Santa Teresa 1796 Solera Rum, Campari and sweet vermouth. Finally, the Mexican Negroni is a fun mix of tequila and mezcal, made with Milagro Silver Tequila & Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Campari and sweet vermouth. Proceeds go to No Kid Hungry, dedicated to making sure children in America have access to meal programs.
- When: 2 p.m.
- Where: 620 S. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: onedooreast.com
Make A Splash: For Ocean Conservation
- Spend the day exploring ocean science, including lionfish anatomy, ocean conversation, corals and more.
- When: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, 1101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Info: frostscience.org/event
Bark N’ Brunch
- The restaurant partners with Miami-Dade County’s Connect. Adopt. Love. campaign for this event, where 15-20 dogs will be available for adoption. Guests can enjoy a special dog/owner cocktail pairing. With each cocktail purchased, a dog receive a complimentary treat.
- When: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Where: Brimstone Woodfire Grill Doral
- Info: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com