The Lifestyle List
Take a bite of history
Hard Rock Cafe Celebrates 47 years
- Sip more than 40 delectable rosé wines from all over the world including labels such as labels including Kim Crawford Rose, Rodney Strong Rose of Pinot Noir and Josh Cellars Rose.
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Hollywood, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- Where: 11 a.m.-noon
- Info: seminolehardrockhollywood.com
Friday, June 15
Enjoy the warmer weather at these events
Our Night Out
- South Florida’s LGBTQ arts and cultural organizations present an evening of talent, featuring Island City Stage, body painter AVI Ram, Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida and Monet X Change of “Ru Paul’s Drag Race” fame.
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: The Venue, 2345 Wilton Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: tinyurl.com/ybetp965
Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness & Friends
- The singer and songwriter, known for his upbeat vibe and synth sounds, performs hits from his albums, “Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness” and “Zombies on Broadway.”
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: Revolution Live, 100 Nugent Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: jointherevolution.net
Twilight Concert Series at Gulfstream Park
- Starting today, Gulfstream Park features live Thoroughbred horse racing followed by a free concert with a variety of acts performing throughout the summer. This Friday,
- For a drink with your music, The Sport of Kings Theatre offers happy hour from 7-8 p.m.
- When: Race starts at 2:15 p.m.; Concert is 7-11 p.m.; Fridays through Aug. 31
- Where: 901 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
- Info: gulfstreampark.com/twilightconcertseries
- The blues star has collaborated with the biggest stars in country music, becoming one of the leading contemporary voices of the genre.
- Where: Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eighth St., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: browardcenter.org
Saturday, June 16
Classic South Florida Saturday fun
- The acclaimed jazz vocalist and University of Miami alumna leads her quintet.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Bailey Hall, 3501 Davie Road, Davie
- Info: baileyhall.org
Wilton Manors Stonewall Pride Parade and Festival
- Join more than 35,000 attendees from across the country at the annual event. Shop from more than 100 vendors and exhibitors and enjoy local performers, DJs and, of course, the parade. The event starts at 4 p.m. and the parade begins at 5 p.m. Admission to the event is $5 and can be paid at the collection points along the drive.
- Where: Wilton Drive
- Info: wiltonmanorsstonewall.com
- The 40,000-square-foot family fun entertainment center hosts a Parents Nights Out.
- For $19.99, parents are invited to drop off children ages 6 – 12, and enjoy a night on the town while Gecko ParX takes care of the kids.
- Attractions include trampolines, dodgeball, two basketball slam dunk courts, parkour course, ninja warrior course, and a multi-attraction pit that features jousting and a slackline.
- When: Every Saturday, 7-10 p.m.
- Where: Gecko ParX, 3305 Corporate Ave., Weston
- Info: 954-526-8180
Sean Chambers Band
- The master blues guitarist, who toured with Chicago blues artist Hubert Sumlin, performs songs from his album “Trouble & Whiskey” with his band
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Arts Garage
- Info: artsgarage.org
Sunday, June 17
Give Dad a day to remember
Boca Raton Museum of Art Free Museum Day
- The museum opens for free on Father’s Day. Catch exhibits such as “Nomadic Murals: Contemporary Tapestries and Carpets” and “Nick Carone: Shadow Dance.” Dads can enjoy solving mysteries with kids and making art.
- Where: 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- Info: bocamuseum.org
Father’s Day Specials at Chef Lenore’s (Pictured Above)
- As a tribute to dads, all fathers will have the opportunity to choose a gift certificate–out of a top hat–as a special holiday treat from Chef Lenore. Each gift certificate will be for a complimentary Live 2 Travel, Love 2 Eat monthly pop-up dinner, Bubbles & Brunch, a tapas and wine tasting, or a hands-on cooking class, which can be used in the future at Lenore’s.
- Menu highlights include the Cowboy Omelet, Braised Short Rib & Potato Gratin Benedict, Torta Milanese, I’d Walk a Galt Ocean Mile BLT, and Maryland Crab Cake Benedict. All dishes are served with Chef Lenore’s complimentary Ethereal Cream Biscuits and jam butter.
- Where:Galt Ocean Plaza, 3311 North Ocean Boulevard, in Fort Lauderdale
- When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Info: 954.491.2340; lenorenolanryan.com
Thrills at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Fort Lauderdale
- Giving away $25 gift cards for every reservation made from June 15-17. The gift card is redeemable for after-flight purchases including Return Flight Vouchers, merchandise and media.
- Note: Offer valid with minimum purchase of $150 on first-time and return flyer packages. Guests must fly between June15-17 to receive bonus.
- Info: iflyworld.com/fort-lauderdale; 954-280-4359
Father’s Day Brunch by the Ocean at Coastal
- Featuring Bananas Foster French Toast, Shrimp + Polenta, Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, and Mini Lobster & Bacon Panini. Plus, a variety of stations.
- For Father’s Day, enjoy live entertainment, complimentary draft beer for dad and 2½ hours of complimentary valet
- Where: Coastal is located at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, at 601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
- When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Info: eatcoastal.com or 954-567-8070
Father’s Day Specials at Coco Asian Bistro & Bar
- In addition to the a la carte menu, of Thai and Asian fusion dishes, and sushi, sashimi, and specialty rolls, Coco will also be offering a special Father’s Day Surf ‘n Turf Roll during lunch and dinner with tempura lobster, asparagus, and avocado inside, topped with seared filet mignon, and finished with spicy BBQ sauce and black lava salt.
- Additionally, all fathers, dining at Coco during lunch and dinner on Father’s Day, will receive a complimentary dessert, of a miso and cashew blondie, topped with toasted rice ice cream and house-made caramel drizzle.
- Where: Harbor Shops (off of 17th Street), at 1841 Cordova Road, in Fort Lauderdale
- When: Lunch is 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; dinner is 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Info: 954.525.3541; cocoasianbistro.com
Scotch Flight at Wild Sea
- Guests can enjoy a 1-ounce pour of the following scotches served side-by-side: Balvenie 12 Year DoubleWood; Balvenie 14 Year Old Caribbean Cask; and Balvenie Peated Rare Release.
- Where: Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille, 620 East Las Olas Boulevard
- When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cost: $40 per person
- Info:(954) 467-2555; wildsealasolas.com
The Ultimate Father’s Day Experience package at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Show Dad your love with this package, which includes the following:
- One Cabana at Arkadia Pool (21+) OR One Cabana at the Bowtie Pool (all ages)
- One Box of Cigars
- One Bottle of Grey Goose Vodka
- Two Six Packs of Red Bull – Mixed Flavors
- Two Pizza & Burger Platters & Chips
- Two Buckets of Heineken Beer
- One Luxury Deck of Playing Cards
- One Jet Ski Rental for 30 Minutes
- Package is for up to six guests
- Where: Fontainebleau Miami Beach on 4441 Collins Avenue
- When: noon-7 p.m.
- Cost: $2,000
- Info: 305.538.2000 or visit fontainebleau.com/fathersday
Father’s Day BBQ Brunch at the National Hotel
- Brunch will be complemented with a live musical performance by LIVE!, a group of talented South Florida singers and artists, featuring award-winning composer, music producer and artistic director, David Attelan. Plus, watch the World Cup games and get bottomless beer for dads.
- Where: 1677 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- When: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cost: $39 for adults; kids half price
- Info: 305-532-2311
Brimstone Woodfire Grill Pembroke Pines
- Dad’s choice of a Twin Lobster tail or a Surf and Turf dish that includes an 8 oz filet and 7 oz lobster tail. Dad can also enjoy “bromosas,” Brimstone’s featured Maple Bacon Old Fashioned or a special “Pops for your Pops” that includes boozy & non-boozy popsicles.
- Where: Brimstone Woodfire Grill Pembroke Pines
- Info: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com
Fun at the Hard Rock
- Dad will love the Hard Rock Signature Brunch at Kuro with raw bar options, 10 different food stations and more. ($89 per person and $35 for children 12 and younger, excluding tax and gratuity). Call 954-327-7625 for reservations.
- If dad needs some TLC, give him the Rock Spa King for a Day Package an 80-minute deep tissue massage, 50-minute InjectStem Needle-Free facial, and a Perfect 10 pedicure featuring rosemary and mint to revitalize the feet. ($350, plus gratuity.) Call 954.797.5888.
- At the casino, players who earn six comp dollars playing slots from midnight to 7 p.m. on Sunday will be eligible to receive a bottle of Tito’s Vodka.
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Info: 800-937-0010
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
- Dads get in free with one paid admission at the museum that features lush landscaping and the art and treasures of the Bartlett family, who lived in the house in the 1920 and ’30s.
- When: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: 900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: bonnethouse.org
Duffy’s Sports Grill
- Dads get a complimentary pint of beer and a Top Sirloin for $15.99.
- Where: Throughout South Florida
- Info: duffysmvp.com
Cars and Cigars
- Enjoy hand-rolled cigars, classic cars and a biergarten while kids take in crafts, live music and more. Bring a lunch, or purchase food on site.
- When: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: The Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Highway, Miami
- Info: 305.442.6866
- The group performs favorite tunes “Moves Like Jagger” and “Sugar” as well as selections from its new album, “Red Pill Blues,” and other multiplatinum hits.
- Where: BB&T Center
- Info: thebbtcenter.com
Bonus: Thursday, June 21
A Rose Soiree
- Sample more than 40 rose wines, including labels such as K Crawford Rose, Rodney Strong Rose of Pinot Noir and Josh Cellars Rose.
- Where: Shooters Waterfront
- Where: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tickets: $35
- Info: eventbrite.com/e/a-rose-soiree-hosted-by-shooters-waterfront-tickets-46445662226