The Lifestyle List
With Thanksgiving around the corner, there's lots to do. Here are a few South Florida events for the weekend of Nov. 2-4.
Throughout the Weekend
Fun throughout the month of November
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- When: Through Nov. 4
- Where: 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
- What: The “Yachting Capital of the World” hosts the 59th annual show, feaguring the best boats, yachts and marine products the industry has to offer.
- Info: flibs.com
- Bonus: For more coverage on the boat show, read this article from our sister magazine South Florida Business and Wealth.
Friday, November 2
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Pompano Beach Amphitheater
- What: The Fleetwood Mac tribute band celebrates the 40th anniversary of “Rumous” by performing the entire album.
- Info: pbamp.com
American Indian Arts Celebration
- When: Nov. 2-3
- Where: Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum on the Big Cypress Seminole Reservation
- What: Enjoy arts, crafts, food, hands-on activities, musical performances, dance demonstrations, and wildlife presentations. Plus, more than 50 vendors.
- Tickets: $10, adults; $7.50, seniors and students
- Info: ahtahthiki.com/events
ab-ˈstrakt Opening Reception
- When: 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Bailey Contemporary Arts, 41 NE 1st Street, Pompano Beach
- What: Explore works of abstract art, featuring authentic representations of nature, feelings and emotions. Artists include Diana Font, Monica Kassan (pictured) and Jill Lefkowtiz
- Info: baileyarts.org
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival Opening Night
- When: Nov. 2, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- What: The evening includes the East Coast Premiere of the swashbuckling comedy The Return of the Hero and a post-screening soiree with a French flair that includes scrumptious hors d’oeuvres and an open bar.
- This year, the festival will donate 50 percent of each full price, $12 ticket sold for the film, to United Way of Northwest Florida for Hurricane Michael relief.
- Info: FLiFF.com
Saturday, November 3
Start the day with a stretch and end with a laugh. Plus, celebrate National Sandwich Day.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center
- What: The comedian of “30 Rock” fame has continued to make audiences laugh with the material he’s mined from his recent near-death experience.
- Info: myhrl.com
Denim & Diamonds Gala
- When: Nov. 3
- Where: Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, 3030 Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- What: The 15th annual event honors community leaders and features dining, entertainment and silent auction. The fundraiser supports nonprofit organization Deliver the Dream, which hosts retreats for families experiencing crises or serious illness.
- Info: deliverthedream.org
Yoga on the Patio
- When: 10 a.m.
- Where: Brimstone Woodfire Grill’s Pembroke Pines
- What: The restaurant hosts a one hour class, in partnership with Yoga Connection, followed by complimentary Ketel One Botanical cocktails.
- Info: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com
National Sandwich Day
- Where: The Balcony (1309 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale) and Bokamper’s Sports Bar & Grill (Throughout South Florida)
- What: This Saturday, head to The Balcony to try the Lagniappe Shrimp Po’Boy (pictured above), featuring Cajun yellow corn crusted with lettuce, tomato, layfayette spicy tartar sauce and is served with a side of southern potato wedges. At Bokamper’s, there’s the Crispy Buffalo Chicken Breast Sandwich and Bo’s Grilled Chicken with melted aged Wisconsin cheddar, Applewood smoked bacon and more.
- Info: thebalconylasolas.com; bokampers.com/fort-lauderdale
Sunday, November 4
Get ready for Halloween with shows and events.
Moving Day Walk
- When: 10 a.m.
- Where: FAU Stadium, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton
- What: The Parkinson’s Foundation South Palm Beach County Chapter raises awareness of movement, which is essential to treating the disease, with a walk, boxing, dance, yoga and more.
- Info: movingdaybocaraton.org
- When: Nov. 4-Dec. 7
- Where: Donations accepted at Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel; Delray Beach City Hall; Delray Beach Tennis Center; Delray Beach Community Center; Delray Beach Municipal Golf Course; Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce; Delray Beach Public Library; Total Car Appearance Center in Boca Raton
- What: City of Delray Beach partners with local organizations You Are Not Alone and One Soldier at a Time for the 13th annual Project Holiday, which collects and ships much needed items to servicemen and servicewomen who aren’t able to come home for the holidays.
- Info: Delores Rangel at 561.243.7010 or firstname.lastname@example.org