Women of Distinction
March of Dimes announces the 13 honorees for its 25th anniversary Women of Distinction event
March of Dimes recently released the names of the 13 difference-making women who will be honored at 25th annual Women of Distinction event, presented by Memorial Healthcare System. Due to ongoing concerns regarding the pandemic, the awards program will be a Zoom event on Nov. 13.
Women were nominated from nonprofits, colleges and organizations throughout the tri-county region. A committee of local market leaders selected the following honorees:
- Ana Oliveira, Morgan Stanley
- Beckett Perkins, Envision Physician Services
- Clara Diaz-Leal, Bank United
- Ellie Schrot, Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center at Broward Health
- Dr. Elaine Wallace, Nova Southeastern University’s Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dr. Farzanna Haffizulla, Nova Southeastern University’s Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
- Haroula Protopapadakis Norden, Memorial Healthcare System
- Jennifer Cohen, H.A.N.D.Y.
- LaTéssa Dotson Hall, Richard P. Hall Eagles Foundation Inc.
- Lesli F. Cartaya Franco, O’Connell & Goldberg Public Relations
- Michele Merrell, Merrell Consulting Group
- Monica Figueroa King, Broward Healthy Start Coalition
- Dr. Patricia Ann Rowe-King, Broward Health, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital
Click here for more information on the organization that supports research and programs, and provides education and advocacy regarding the health of mothers and babies. March of Dimes has been offering free weekly virtual support for pregnant and postpartum women during the pandemic.