Juan Carlos Zapata
Global Real Estate Advisor
One Sotheby’s International Realty
Selling a home is not a simple process. If you don’t want your home sitting on the market for months and months, hire the right real estate agent to sell your home.
Here’s some expert advice with some tips about choosing the right agent to help you sell your home fast.
1. Do not hire a realtor because they are your friend or a colleague’s spouse.
2. Interview, interview, and interview so you can compare the different techniques they offer to sell homes.
3. Get a full time realtor. Don’t pay full time for part time service. The sale of your home requires attention.
4. Before you interview a prospective realtor, “Google” search their name. The realtor and his/her brokerage should show up everywhere.
5. It is very important that your agent has proven experience. The more sales a realtor has, the better they will know how to handle specific situations.
6. Ask for testimonials of past clients and contact information.
7. Ask your Realtor how they plan on marketing your listing. i.e. professional photography / video, brochures, postcards, property website, etc…
8. It is crucial that they have broad social media knowledge.
9. It is a big mistake to go with a real estate agent who offers a reduced commission. With that cut of their commission to secure the listing, you need to realize they will be spending less money to sell your home.
10. Lastly, choose a realtor who works with a reputable company. South Florida is an international market, so choose a company with global partners.
Once you’ve met a few agents and found the one you click with, let your agent do the work and take the wheel while you enjoy the ride to a successful sale!