How to get a gorgeous smile
Dr. Jessica Wyatt
Elite Dental and Aesthetics
131 NW 100th Ave
Plantation, FL 33324
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you. If you have healthy looking, bright, straight teeth, you exude confidence and youth. Alternately, if your teeth are stained, chipped, crooked, or uneven, this may detract from your appearance and may make you feel self-conscious. Many of our patients come in asking for help with their smiles. There is nothing more rewarding for a cosmetic dentist than turning a patient’s smile into a beautiful and healthy one. Here are a few important things to consider before undergoing a smile enhancement procedure:
1.Sometimes, simply bleaching the teeth with an in office whitening device, such as Zoom! Speedwhite, can restore sparkle to the teeth.
2. If you have crowded, spaced, or misaligned teeth, Invisalign may be a great option to move the teeth into a more ideal position.
3. Veneers are ultra thin, tooth colored porcelain shells that are custom made for your teeth. Make sure your dentist understands your desired outcome. One good way to communicate what you are looking for is to bring a picture of a celebrity smile or teeth that you envision yourself having.
4. Ask to see before and after photos of the dentist’s work. You want to make sure you’re not going to end up with unnatural looking, white chicklet teeth! Your new smile should look natural.
5. Ask to have a “wax up” done. In my office, I take models of your teeth and have a “wax up” made. This is a crucial step in any cosmetic dentistry procedure. It allows the dentist and patient to see how their final smile will look.
6. You get what you pay for. Be wary of cheap or heavily discounted work. Sometimes a good bargain turns out to be a major headache. Very often, substandard work needs to be replaced, which ends up being more expensive and inconvenient for the patient.
Cosmetic dentistry can be life-changing for patients that do not feel confident or happy with their smile. Make sure you take the right steps before committing to this sort of treatment so you end up with a gorgeous, healthy smile that you are proud to wear.