The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) on Fort Lauderdale Beach will host a special event to benefit those impacted by Hurricane Ian in Southwest Florida. The bi-monthly “Sunday by The Shore” experience will feature a day-long hurricane supply drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9, along with a free concert from Krush Party Band from noon to 3 p.m.
Items accepted include:
- Diapers, food, personal care and toys
- New underwear and socks, gently used, clean T-shirts
- Flashlights, batteries and fans
- Plates, towels, napkins and tissue
- Bag or can food, toys and care products
- Towels, bedding, comforters, air mattress and tents
- Dishes, cutlery, glassware and can openers
- Trash bags, work gloves, hand tools, plastic tubs and carts
Arrangements have been made to transport items to those hardest hit on the West Coast of Florida through a partnership with Fort Lauderdale Ice. Additionally, LOOP supporter OTC4Me.com will have personal hygiene and cleaning supply care packages for sale, along with postcards of hope.
Sunday by the Shore was crafted to encourage locals and visitors to spend the day at The LOOP to connect with their neighbors and make new friends. Attendees can bring a picnic blanket and lawn chair or borrow one from The LOOP to experience a rotation of live music, lawn games, and a shop and stroll marketplace featuring an array of fresh, ready-to-eat food for a picnic in the park experience, plus handmade goods; home furnishings; apothecary items; clothing, accessories and other locally made items. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/sunday-by-the-shore/. For questions on how to donate, please email [email protected].