10 Don’t-Miss Events at SOBEWFF
The 21st Food Network and Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival promises more than 90 events between Feb. 24-27
Here are some of the weekend’s top highlights. Visit sobewff.org for ticket information, venue locations, and the complete schedule.
• Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Feb. 24): This year’s Tribute Dinner honoree, Guy Fieri, kicks off the weekend with a live incarnation of his popular Food Network show. More than 25 “greasy spoon” establishments will be in the spotlight.
• Sunset Happy Hour (Feb. 24): Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine and his wife, Behati Prinsloo, co-founders of Calirosa Tequila, host this early evening affair featuring their spirits brand at the Beach Club at 1 Hotel South Beach.
• Asian Night Market (Feb. 24): Asian-fusion expert Jet Tila and Aarti Sequeira, who won the sixth season of The Next Food Network Star, host with walk-around event featuring bites from some of the country’s top Asian restaurants.
• A Taste of Italy (Feb. 25): Food Network star chef Anne Burrell leads attendees on a tour of world-class Italian cuisine courtesy of more than 20 South Florida chefs; Southern Glazer will provide the appropriate wine pairings at this event in Miami’s Design District.
• Burger Bash (Feb. 25): Who will receive the coveted Best Burger Award? TV personality Rachael Ray and chef José Andrés lead the festivities at this popular SOBEWFF event, which will be split into two sessions.
• 21st Birthday Dessert Party (Feb. 25): Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro hosts this late-night celebration of the sweet life. Expect cakes, cookies and confectionery creations from the region’s top pastry chefs—including some of those featured in this story.
• Tacos & Tequila (Feb. 26): An all-star cast of top kitchen experts put their best tacos forward at this event with award-winning chef Aarón Sánchez; wash it down with Tequila Cazadores cocktail creations.
• Chicken Coupe (Feb. 26): Birds and bubbly from a variety of Champagne houses are in the spotlight at this ode to crispy fried chicken starring chef Tyler Florence.
• Make It Miami (Feb. 26): Two mainstays from the Miami culinary scene, chef Michelle Bernstein and mixologist Gio Gutierrez, host a 305-inspired tapas and craft cocktail party.
• Grand Tasting Village (Feb. 26): Expect more than 30 South Florida restaurants represented under the white tents on South Beach for this popular event hosted by Goya Foods and featuring Publix culinary demonstrations sponsored by Sub-Zero Group Southeast.