Throughout the Month
The Art of Banksy
- When: Through Feb. 28
- Where: Magic City Studios, 6301 NE Fourth Ave., Miami
- What: The exhibit features work by the anonymous artist who has fascinated the public and the art world with his distinctive style and political messages.
- Info: banksyexhibit.com
Gratitude and Joy
- When: Through Jan. 26
- Where: Bailey Contemporary Arts, 41 NE First St., Pompano Beach
- What: Photographers such as Jenna Regal, Candy Childrey, John Cote and others display their work in this juried exhibit exploring images that reflect on memories of joy and thankfulness.
- Info: baileyarts.org
- When: Jan. 17, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens
- What: The second annual one-day conference educates real estate, auto, insurance and mortgage agents and brokers about social media and digital marketing innovation. Entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk of VaynerMedia hosts
- The keynote will be given by John Henry, who was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 and hosts the program “Hustle.” Other speakers include Facebook and Twitter experts as well as industry leaders such as Tannis McKenna, Development Manager, Google; Jake Fehling, VP of Marketing, Movement Mortgage; and Brendan Weitz, GM NY & Head of Partnerships, Quora.
- Other programming includes deeper dives and one-on-ones with industry experts.
- Info: agent2021.com
What else is happening? Hover over the photos below to see what’s happening in South Florida this weekend.
Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes (pictured; photo courtesy of Feld Entertainment)
- When: Jan. 10-13
- Where: BB&T Center, 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise
- What: The stunt show sees everyone’s favorite superheroes—including Black Panther, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy—in a battle against evil forces.
- Info: thebbtcenter.com
Family Fun Fest
- When: Jan. 11-13
- Where: Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End, Parkland
- What: The event features music, food, games and rides. A $25 wristband gives access to unlimited rides.
- Info: cityofparkland.org
“Having Our Say”
- When: Jan. 11-Feb. 3
- Where: Sol Theatre, 3333 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton
- What: The play tells the story of civil rights trailblazers, activists the Delany sisters whose story recalling Harlem’s Golden Age, Paul Robeson and Jim Crow.
- Info: primalforces.com
Palm Beach VegFest
- When: Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Where: Mizner Park Amphitheater, 590 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- What: The free event features the best of local produce as well as vendors selling tea, jewelry and more. Expect lawn games and a live DJ.
- Info: pbvegfest.com
Riverwalk Stone Crab & Seafood Festival
- When: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: Esplanade Park, 400 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale
- What: Take advantage of stone crab season at this free event where local seafood restaurants serve fresh dishes from $5 and up. And, of course, there’s other fun to be had with music, hermit crab races and a beer garden.
- Info: goriverwalk.com
Sounds of the Town Concert Series
- When: 6-10 p.m.
- Where: Bergeron Rodeo Grounds of Davie, 4271 Davie Road, Davie
- What: Davie presents the inaugural event of its new concert series with two band performances and activities such as a kids corner and lawn games.
- Info: davie-fl.gov
Jessie Mueller (pictured; photo by Jacqueline Harris)
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eighth St., Fort Lauderdale
- What: The Tony Award-winning star of “Waitress” and “Beautiful: the Carole King Musical,” and the recent “Carousel” revival joins Seth Rudetsky for a night of laughter and song.
- Info: parkerplayhouse.com
Boca Fest (pictured on main page)
- When: Jan. 12-13
- Where: The Terrace at Town Center at Boca Raton, 6000 Glades Road
- What: More than 175 artists display their work at the 32nd annual event. See work such as the one pictured by Ronnie Hughes.
- Info: artfestival.com
- When: Jan. 12-13
- Where: Willow Theatre at Sugar Sand Park, 300 S. Military Trail, Boca Raton
- What: This tribute to Frank Sinatra features his legendary hits such as “Fly Me to the Moon,” “Come Fly With Me” and others.
- Info: willowtheatre.org
Whose Live Anyway?
- When: 6 p.m.
- Where: Broward Center, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- What: Drew Carey, Greg Proops, Joel Murray and Jeff B. Davis bring the classic “Whose Line” experience to the stage with wit and improvised comedy.
- Info: browardcenter.org
Broadway at the Movies
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: Crest Theatre, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach
- What: Broadway stars Marissa McGowan and Josh Young perform songs from movie musicals such as “The Wizard of Oz,” “The Sound of Music,” “West Side Story,” “Into the Woods” and others.
- Info: oldschoolsquare.org
Chris MacDonald’s Memories of Elvis (pictured)
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: 2855 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs
- What: The Memories of Elvis Rockin Birthday Bash shares the incredible story of “the shy humble country boy who became the King of Rock-n-Roll” through highlights of several stages of his iconic career: the early years, the movies, the black leather ’68 comeback, the white fringe ’70 Vegas concerts.
- Info: TheCenterCS.com