Cinco de Mayo enthusiasts can wear their sombreros and head to CityPlace Doral for a festive block party. The Miami Improv, Chico Malo and Copper Blues are teaming up to host the celebration on Friday, May 5, on the second-floor terrace.
For the evening, Chico Malo will transform into “Chico de Mayo” while Copper Blues will be called “Copper Cantina.” Free entry will be offered to guests from 3 p.m. until close. Both establishments will feature a street fair experience that includes Mexican-style décor, taco stands, tequila tastings, live entertainment (including DJ Zog and mariachi performances), food and drink specials, and more.
Copper Blues Specials:
- Three tacos for $9 – includes a free Jose Cuervo/Dobel shot or margarita (only available from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- $5 Jose Cuervo and Dobel drink specials from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Chico Malo Specials:
- $5 Don Julio Tequila Shots
- $5 Beer
- $5 Margaritas
- $5 Birria Tacos
- $5 Elote
- $5 Shrimp Ceviche
- Guests will also receive a free sombrero with an Open Table reservation and one free margarita per plate of food ordered from 6 p.m. – 12 a.m.
As part of the block party, the Miami Improv Comedy Theater, which is also situated on the second-floor terrace, is set to host a show called “El Cinco de Mario with Los Dos Sombreros” featuring a performance by Mario Ramil, who is a comedian, musician, and online personality.
- Show Times: 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Cost: General Admission: $35 | VIP with Meet and Greet: $45
- For tickets, please visit: https://www.miamiimprov.com/events/72598
Upon entering the center, guests are greeted by a unique art installation comprising 1,300 rainbow-hued umbrellas floating overhead on the boulevard. Visitors are encouraged to take a selfie with the structure and tag @CityPlaceDoral and #umbrellasovercityplacedoral to be featured on the center’s social media. The art installation will be on display throughout June.