To pay tribute to the FLITE Center’s partners, funders and frontline staff who dedicate their lives to making a positive impact on the youth in South Florida, the nonprofit organization is hosting its sixth annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27 at the Signature Grand in Davie. The event has grown in popularity, with over 500 guests attending past fundraisers. This year’s luncheon is expected to attract an even larger audience, reflecting the growing impact of FLITE Center’s mission, which guides youth transitioning from foster care towards independence through housing, education, employment and comprehensive care coordination.
“At FLITE Center, we take great pride in acknowledging and honoring our champions. These exceptional individuals, companies, and partners who share our commitment to paving a brighter future for South Florida’s youth,” Christine Frederick says, CEO of FLITE Center. “This past year has been a momentous one as we expanded into Palm Beach County to serve even more youth in our Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care. The continuous support we receive is invaluable in our efforts to positively influence and guide these resilient young individuals.”
This year’s honorees and their respective award categories are:
- Albert & Beatriz Miniaci Lifetime Heroes Award – Sandy Harris (Board Member Emeritus) and Tom Loffredo
- Community Champion Award – Michael Goodman, GPR | Goodman Public Relations
- FLITE Mitzvah Award (in honor of FLITE Center’s 13th Anniversary) – ROIG Attorneys, Eva Schlanger and Sadie Suarez Bat Mitzvah Projects, Leadership Broward Foundation Class 41 – Team Birds of a Feather, Cypress Bay National Honor Society, Fort Lauderdale Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club of Fort Lauderdale and Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale/Cypress Creek.
- Gore Foundation You Matter Award – Stichiz from WMIB 103.5 The Beat and Doug Miller, FK Your Diet
- Memorial Healthcare System Collaborators of the Year – Career Development Pathways: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino; United Healthcare/Optum, and CareerSource Broward
- TIL System of Care Hero Award – Terry Merlin, TLM Real Estate Holdings and Susan Renneisen, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- TIL System of Care Impact Award – HOPE Court
- TIL System of Care Unsung Heroes – Frontline staff from collaborating organizations in the TIL System of Care
- UKG Ultimate Acts of Kindness – Kim Sarni, South Florida Business & Wealth/Lifestyle Media Group and Scott Dunseath, Wonderland Boutique
- Youth Heroes Award – Two TIL youth who have displayed remarkable resilience and dedication toward becoming self-sufficient
Tickets are $100 per person ($75 for government agency employees) and are available online here. For more information or to secure a sponsorship, please contact DeAnn Hazey, CFRE, Chief Development Officer, at (954) 530-4686 or [email protected].