If you don’t know what an “Aventador” is, or you think “Spyder” is a misspelling, you need to attend the seventh annual Boca Raton Concours d’ Elegance Gala Dinner & Show. It’s the highlight of the wildest car weekend in South Florida.
Mercedes-Benz USA and AutoNation will auction four all-new exotic vehicles valued at more than $1million dollars during the Gala’s live auction on Saturday, Feb. 23. They’ll feature some of the country’s very first all-new exotic vehicles delivered in America…
• the 2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (courtesy of Audi USA, Audi Coral Springs and Audi of Lighthouse Point)
• the 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series – one of only 100 made (courtesy of Mercedes-Benz and AutoNation)
• the 2014 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster (courtesy of Lamborghini Palm Beach)
• the 2013 McLaren MP4-12C Spyder (courtesy of The Collection)
…and all of this will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County, which serves more than 12,000 at-risk youth, ages 6-18 each year. Chosen as the No. 1 youth agency in the country three years in a row by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, BGCBC keeps 98 percent of all raised funds in Broward County.
The Gala is just the highlight to a weekend of exotic car activities at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. This year’s Boca Raton Concours d’ Elegance honors the 50th anniversary of Lamborghini and highlights Rolls-Royce and Bentley.
New this year is a collector car and memorabilia auction, seminar and automobile art show – with a preview on Friday, Feb. 22 and auction on Saturday,
Feb. 23 It’s sponsored by Bonhams, one of the world’s oldest and largest auctioneers of fine art, classic and vintage automobiles and collectables.
Other highlights include…
• The duPont Registry Live Hangar Party at the Boca Raton Airport. You’ve nevereaten this well in an airplane hangar,where you’ll sample gourmet tastings from more than 20 South Florida restaurants while strolling around the hangar to get up close and pesonal with exotic cars, custom motorcycles, boats, private jets, vintage aircraft, and luxury motor coaches.
• The aforementioned Gala Dinner Auction & Show is black-tie optional at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Enjoy a cocktail hour and silent auction, followed by a seated dinner and that live auction mentioned earlier. There’s also the presentation of the Automotive Lifetime Achievement Award to JM Family Enterprises, Inc. and Emerson Fittipaldi, and the Lee Iacocca Award to Steve Wolf, along with a performance by legendary comedian Bob Newhart.
• The Automobile & Motorcycle Exhibition that spans all eras on the newly renovated and expanded showfield at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Check out
more than 200 of the finest collector cars and motorcycles from around the country. An expert panel of judges including Chief Judge Dr. Paul Sable and Honorary Judges Carl Bomstead, David Schultz and Mark Gessler will select the finest vintage, antique, classic and exotic vehicles based on period, presentation and overall style, with an awards presentation to winning entries.