Along with providing a fusion of Japanese and Latin-inspired dishes, Pubbelly Sushi has made its mission to include philanthropic efforts as part of its offerings to the community. The company has partnered with various local organizations to give back to the local community. Its various community-giving initiatives include:
- Commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness Month last October, proceeds from the “Drink Pink” fundraiser benefitted the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine with a $7,950 donation helping to provide free wigs to cancer patients and survivors.
- In February, Pubbelly Sushi partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami for the entire month and donated a significant portion of proceeds from the fan-favorite Bigeye Tuna roll. Pubbelly team members also participated in the Blitz Build 2022 event to help install drywall in the homes of families as part of the Habitat program.
- Pubbelly Sushi participated in an annual spring philanthropy golf event benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and donated $5,000 to the cause.
- The restaurant also recently partnered with Lotus House with meal prep and serving food for the women and children and donating $4,000 to the organization.
- As part of its relationship with Miami-Dade County, Pubbelly Sushi donated $4,000 to the Community Action and Human Services Department to help the youth further their education.