The Lifestyle List
Happy New Year and cheers to 2018!
*Sunday, Dec. 31*
- The Piano Man will ring in the New Year in South Florida for the third consecutive year.
- When: 9:30 p.m.
- Where: BB&T Center
For the Foodies: New Year’s Eve Tasting Menus
3030 Ocean: Five-course meal ($100 per person, with the option to upgrade to a wine pairing for an additional $50 per person), beginning at 6 p.m., that includes:
- Cured salmon, green apple, smoked roe, crème fraiche
- Shaved porchetta, Florida citrus marmalade, hazelnuts, watercress, fennel
- Sunchoke & camembert ravioli, brown butter, parsley; roasted flounder in a wild mushroom broth, baby bok choy
- Alaskan King crab with toasted brioche, avocado and caviar
- Seared duck breast with roasted cauliflower, arugula, golden raisins, pine nuts
- Diver scallop with crunchy lentils in a carrot-cumin sauce; beef tenderloin with smoked potato puree, oven roasted Swank Farm tomato, grilled onion
- Plus decadent desserts
- Reservations: 954.765.303
- Where: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa (3030 Holiday Drive)
Burlock Coast Seafare & Spirits: Offers two seatings, at 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m., that share the same four course.
- The first feast is $99 per person and features carpaccio of ahi tuna with shaved fennel, hearts of palm and arugula; house-made porchetta with hammock hollow greens, pickled veggies, and lamb chopper cheese; olive oil poached halibut with dragon bean cassoulet, dandelion greens, and meyer lemon sauce and a white chocolate raspberry mousse cake.
- The second tasting menu, $189 per person, includes an additional course—slow-cooked short Rib expertly paired with truffled polenta, wild mushrooms and onion jam.
- Reservations: 954.302.6460; [email protected]
- Where: Ritz Carlton (1 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.)
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood: The four-course meal begins at 7 p.m. and is $180 per person. It begins with choice of butter poached Maine lobster, New England clam chowder or chanterelle mushrooms.
- The second course features a selection of Council Oak bacon, grilled octopus or winter greens. For the main course, diners can choose from 16 oz. dry-aged ribeye, surf and turf, black cod or sundried tomato gnocchi.
- For dessert, a Baked Alaska with vanilla ice cream, Florida orange chiffon and lemon curd meringue.
- Reservations: 800.937.0010
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (One Seminole Way, Hollywood)
ETARU Hallandale: A la carte dining from the restaurant’s modern Japanese robatayaki menu is available all evening, as well as special Chef’s Tasting menus, which include admission to a festive after-party.
- Bookings before 8 p.m. are $250 per person include one bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut or Rosé Champagne NV (per two guests).
- Reservations after 8 p.m. for the Chef’s Tasting Menu are $400 per person and include unlimited Veuve Clicquot Vintage Brut 2008 or Vintage Rosé. Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Brut 2006 or Rosé Champagne are available for an extra $100.
- Entertainment will include Japanese taiko drummers and a DJ.
- All tasting menu bookings include after-party admission onto the 3rd floor terrace, featuring all spirits, Whispering Angel Rose, Seresin Sauvignon Blanc and El Enemigo Malbec.
- Reservations: 954.271.3222; [email protected]
- Where: 11 South Surf Road, Hallandale Beach
Kuro: There will be extended entertainment and an a la carte menu all night long.
- Menu options include Hokkaido scallop sashimi ($16: yuzu gel, young ginger and sea salt), tuna crispy rice ($16: spicy tuna, osetra caviar); lobster tempura ($27: with chanterelle mushrooms, puffed rice and lemon aioli), koji lamb ($27: cauliflower, kobacha croquette, blueberry demi) or Chilean Seabass ($27: with pickled lotus root and tamamiso).
- Diners can also indulge in Japanese wagyu beef ($20/per ounce) prepared at the table on a hot stone Ishiyaki.
- Toast the new year with crafted cocktails featuring Japanese ingredients in modern recipes, such as Ni ($15: rum, yuzu, watermelon, thai basil, fennel, togarashi), Jyu Go ($15: matcha infused shochu, falernum and passionfruit) or the Jyu Roku ($14: pisco, mezcal, pomegranate and ichimi).
- Reservations: 800.585.0010
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (One Seminole Way, Hollywood)
Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille: A five-course prix fixe menu will begin at 6 p.m., priced at $125 per person with an optional $50 wine pairing.
- Dishes include a trio of kumamoto oysters; salmon crudo; honey-and-lavender glazed roasted quail; and herb-crusted lamb chop with black garlic.
- Stick around for the New Year’s Eve Masquerade Party taking place on the 8th floor of the Riverside Hotel from 9 p.m.–1 am. For $118 per person, guests can enjoy live music, fireworks, photo booths and other fun activities.
- Reservations: 954.467.2555
- Where: Riverside Hotel (620 E. Las Olas Blvd.)
Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House: The Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton locations are offering a four-course menu from 5 p.m. until the last seating at 10:45 p.m. for $125 per adult. The full menu will be offered in the lounge.
- Diners can partake in a Champagne toast at midnight, plus:
- First course (choice of one): Braised beef short rib, jumbo lump crab cake, escargot, shrimp cocktail, oysters rockefeller, tuna tartare tower or fresh florida stone crab claws
- Second course (choice of one): Lobster bisque, Caesar salad, Sonoma greens salad, wedge salad or house chopped salad
- Main course (choice of one): Blackened Grouper Pontchartrain, Miso-glazed Seabass, Salmon Béarnaise, Salmon Béarnaise, Sweet and Spicy Scallops, Filet Oscar Royale, Prime Ultimate Steakhouse Ribeye, Prime New York Strip Bordelaise, Alaskan King Crab Cluster, South African Lobster Tail or Fresh Florida Stone Crab Platter
- Dessert (Choice of one): Carrot cake, chocolate malt cake, Key Lime pie or Baked Alaska
- Reservations: Truluck’s Fort Lauderdale at 954.396.5656, Truluck’s Boca at 561.391.0755 and Truluck’s Brickell in Miami at 305.579.0035 or visit opentable.com.
AVANT: The new Delray Beach restaurant will have two dinner seatings.
- The first, from 6–8:45 p.m. and $68 per person, will include five rounds of signature small plates.
- The second, 9 p.m.–midnight and $128 per person, will have six rounds of small plates, a DJ, party favors and a midnight Champagne toast.
- Reservations: 561.921.8687
- Where: 25 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach
- Across from Avant, the Delray Beach Marketing Cooperative has planned a family-friendly event from 5–9 p.m. at Old School Square.
- Free activities include crafts, face–painting, celebration crowns, resolution wall, vintage game room, live entertainment and DJ, outdoor family games and more. The carousel, mini golf and ice skating will be available for $3. Food trucks will be on site. The fireworks finale will launch from the Old School Square Parking Garage at 9 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale is hosting a New Year’s Eve Gala Celebration. Drink and dine all evening with live entertainment by the Icebreakers.
- At midnight, toast with champagne and enjoy party favors.
- Offerings include dinner, open bar, Champagne toast and a Kids-only Party Zone.
- Prices: $299 per adult, $199 for children ages 13-20 and $99 for children ages 5-12 (children under 5 are free)
- When: 8 p.m.–1 a.m.
- Where: 1 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
- Reservations are required and can be made in advance with Morgan Bullock: [email protected]; 954.302.6425
Pictured: Jingle Juice, served at L Bar (Hard Rock Hotel & Casino)