The Lifestyle List
Friday, Jan. 26
For the Foodies
Happy Hour at Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Sunday to Friday: Happy hour from 4–7 p.m., which includes half-off select cocktails, bar bites menu, flatbreads and sushi. Saturday: Brunch with live music—and $15 bottomless mimosas.
- Where: The Shops at Pembroke Pines (pictured)
Saturday, Jan. 27
Experience LIV at the Pegasus World Cup
- David Grutman of LIV, Story, Komodo, OTL and Planta, will bring the iconic LIV brand to the Pegasus World Cup with a LIV Boardwalk Village Pop-up at Gulfstream Park. The pop-up will feature live performances by “Rockstar” chart topper Post Malone along with Ludacris. DJ Ruckus, Spam Allstars, DZA and Ruen. Food and drinks will be provided by Grutman’s Komodo, Planta and OTL, without compromising on viewing access to the races. Other vendors include Bodega Taqueria y Tequila and Adena Grill. For bottle service and table reservations, call 305.674.4680 or email [email protected]
- When: Opens at 2 p.m., concert begins after last horse race at 5:45 p.m.
- Price: $75–$135
- Where: Gulfstream Park (901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach)
Sunday, Jan. 28
“Savor the Notes” Jazz Brunch
- Grab a mimosa and enjoy live jazz at the ArtWalk. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Rise Biscuit & Donuts is the featured local restaurant. Mimosas are $5 each and will benefit community organizations. The event will coincide with the Farmers’ Market.
- When: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: 9405 NW 31st Court, just west of University Drive in Coral Springs
Festivals and Events
Traveling Plates pop-up dinner
- Arc Broward, a job-placement organization for people with disabilities, will host its first Traveling Plate pop-up dinner series of 2018, with Chef Adrienne Grenier of 3030 Ocean and Chef Paula DaSilva of Burlock Coast. The Traveling Plate gives students of Arc Culinary the opportunity to work with local chefs. The revenue generated helps students with disabilities and other life challenges transform their lives and build new futures.
- When: Jan. 31 (7–10 p.m.)
- Price: $75 each
- Where: C&I Studios (541 NW 1st Avenue, Fort Lauderdale)
“Harry Potter Book Night: Fantastic Beasts”
- Calling all muggles, witches and wizards-in-training. Fort Lauderdale Historical Society is hosting on the fourth annual “Harry Potter Book Night: Fantastic Beasts” event to celebrate the global paperback edition of the new Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling.
- When: Feb. 1, 5:30–8:30 p.m.
- Where: 1905 New River Inn, housing the History Museum of Fort Lauderdale (231 SW Second Avenue)
Miami Beach Jewelry and Watch Show
- In its second year, the Miami Beach Jewelry and Watch Show will feature prestigious jewels, as well as fine art, antiques and luxurious home décor.
- When: Feb. 1–4
- Price: $20 for a two-day pass
- Where: One Herald Plaza (NE 14th Street and Biscayne Bay, Miami)