Friday, June 30
Chicago – The Band & The Doobie Brothers
- The two multi-platinum-selling, Grammy Award-winning rock bands have teamed up to co-headline a summer tour.
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Perfect Vodka Amphitheatre (601-7 Sansbury’s Way, West Palm Beach)
The Rock Pack
- Classic rockers John Payne, former lead singer of ASIA and founder of The Rock Pack; Lou Gramm, original lead singer of Foreigner; Steve Augeri, former lead vocalist of Journey; and Bobby Kimball, original lead singer of Toto perform live.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Live, Hollywood
Saturday, July 1
Center Stage: The Singer/Songwriter Experience
- The Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, is throwing a weekend-long celebration for members and guests, which will include live musical performances from Brian Bisky, Christopher Alan Yates, Jesse Triplett and Mike Rizzi. Budding songwriters can sign up for a Q&A session.
- When: All day, July 1–4
- Where: 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton
Sunday, July 2
- James Beard award winner Chef Mark Militello, a member of the Mango Gang, will serve Mangomisu—mango vanilla bean mascarpone cream with coconut- and dark rum-soaked ladyfingers and caramelized mango—at the annual brunch. Ashley Roerig, pastry chef at Josie’s Ristorante, will join him.
- When: 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Where: Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden (10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables)
- Tickets: fairchildgarden.org
Vans Warped Tour
- The annual traveling rock festival, featuring multiple bands on several stages, hits South Florida.
- When: 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Perfect Vodka Amphitheatre
Monday, July 3
KarmaVibes Rhythm, Yoga and Mindfulness
- The Boca Raton Resort & Club is offering morning yoga, hosted by John C. Tolbert and Logan Skees of Trainerspace. The event will feature several other top yoga instructors. Each participant will receive water, a yoga towel and Raw Juice samples. Proceeds from tickets and sales from the Phat Buddha Wear pop-up shop will benefit the George Snow Scholarship Fund, a Palm Beach County-based organization that provides scholarships and support to underprivileged young men and women.
- When: 8:30–10 a.m.
- Price: $75 for resort guests and members, $85 for sponsored outside guests
- Where: Croquet Lawn; 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton
Stars & Stripes BBQ Concert
- The Boca Raton Resort & Club is hosting a family-style BBQ dinner in the Great Hall that will feature Carolina barbecue pulled pork, Coney Island hot dogs, burgers, grilled chicken and Mahi-Mahi sandwiches hot off the grill, as well as chilled oysters, shrimp and lobster rolls. There will be Slip & Slide, bounce houses, carnival games and traditional carnival snacks on the Croquet Lawn. Ed Roland and The Sweet Tea Project will play new hits and classics from his time as lead singer from Collective Soul. The evening will end with a firework display on the 18th fairway of the resort’s championship golf course.
- When: 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 4: Happy Independence Day!
Sunrise 4th of July Celebration at the BB&T Center
- Sports-themed floats will travel west along Sunset Strip from Northwest 12th Street to City Park, where the celebration will continue with free refreshments and a children’s fun zone. The evening celebration includes children’s rides and inflatables, as well an assortment of food and beverage vendors. There will be performances by the Baha Men (“Who let the dogs out”) and The Romantics (“What I like about you”), concluding with a fireworks display.
- When: 9 a.m.–noon, parade; 5–9:30 p.m., concert and fireworks
- Where: BB&T Center (One Panther Parkway, Sunrise)
City of Weston 4th of July Hometown Parade
- Begin the day with a 5K run at 7 p.m. Later, watch a colorful parade of local businesses, civic groups, schools, bands and other residents march through the city.
- When: 10:30 a.m.
- Where: 1675 Market Street, Weston
4th of July Spectacular On Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The patriotic extravaganza will feature live bands, a kids zone—bounce houses, water slides, face painting, human foosball—beach games, contests, family activities and a dazzling fireworks display. Don’t forget about the old-fashioned hot dog- and watermelon-eating contests. As the sun sets, watch the sky light up with the city’s fireworks show, which will be simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM.
- When: Noon–9:30 p.m.
- Where: Fort Lauderdale Beach at A1A and Las Olas Boulevard
“Rock My Boat” brunch party
- River Yacht Club is hosting a special edition of their popular brunch party, featuring one of the restaurant’s resident DJs. Indulge in the a la carte brunch, which includes lobster benedict, grilled skirt steak and eggs, and french toast with berries and crème anglaise, as well as any of the throwback cocktails, such as the Gin-N-Juice. The restaurant will remain open until 11 p.m. for those who want to view the fireworks show from the Miami River.
- When: Noon–5 p.m.
- Where: 401 SW Third Ave., Miami
Pompano’s July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza
- The City of Pompano Beach is celebrating with a fireworks show on the water. Before the sparks, there will be a performance by Jamie Mitchell Band, followed by the Speakerbox Band.
- Blankets and lawn chairs are welcome. Personal fireworks, glass containers, alcohol and pets are prohibited. Parking is available at Atlantic Boulevard and A1A; street parking is also an option, as well as in the new Pier Garage.
- When: 5:30 p.m. live music; 9 p.m. fireworks
- Where: Pompano Beach Fishing Pier and Public Beach (Atlantic Boulevard South of pier)
City of Pembroke Pines Independence Day Celebration
- Celebrate with rides, live music, food and fireworks.
- When: 6–9 p.m.
- Where: Pines Recreation Center Festival Grounds (7400 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines)
Miramar’s 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
- Enjoy food trucks, vendors and a kids zone as the DJ spins tune. End the night with a fireworks show. For additional information, call 954.602.3319.
- When: 7–9 p.m.
- Where: Miramar Regional Park (16801 Miramar Parkway)
#RocktheFourth at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The evening buzz will be around live entertainment food trucks until the fireworks show designed by the renowned Grucci of New York. Take a chance: Come early to participate in drawings for thousands of dollars in free play from 3–8 p.m.
- When: 7–9 p.m.
- Where: One Seminole Way, Hollywood
Dinner at Rusty Pelican
- The waterfront restaurant is inviting guests to its top floor for live entertainment, dancing and dining before watching the fireworks over Biscayne Bay. The dinner buffet includes A1 Potato Salad; grilled Mahi-Mahi with mango and papaya salsa; St. Louis barbecue ribs with whiskey barbecue sauce; garlic-crusted prime rib with balsamic chimichurri; yellow corn with parmesan chili butter and cotija cheese; macaroni and cheese with aged cheddar, smoked gouda and grated parmesan; mini apple pie with Granny Smith apples and brandy; and Key Biscayne Pie with a graham cracker crumb crust and key lime curd.
- When: 7 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Price: $55 per adult, $25 per child
- Where: 3201 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne
Backyard barbecue at Big Easy Winebar & Grill
- Break tradition and go South African style. Enjoy special pricing on the Braai Platter ($75, regularly $110), which includes South African farmer’s sausage, 12 oz. top sirloin, double lamb chops, Nigerian prawns and two sides. There will also be $5 beers all day long.
- Where: 701 South Miami Ave., Suite 339, Miami
Seasonal drink at L Bar
- The upscale cocktail and music lounge in the lobby of the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is channeling Fourth of July delicacies with its one-day-only special: handcrafted Apple Pie Punch made with St. Pete’s Spiced Rum, Laird’s Apple Jack Brandy, apple cider, sugar syrup, cinnamon and soda water, then garnished orange, apple and lime slices.
- Where: One Seminole Way, Hollywood
Specials at Pig-Sty BBQ
- If you’re down to get dirty at the Boynton Beach joint, the holiday deals include:
- Friends and Family Feast: Ribs, chicken and pulled pork with two small sides; $11 per person
- Full rack of ribs; $21
- Smoked hot dogs; $1.50 each
- Kids under 12 eat free July 2–4
- If you’re wrangling it up and taking it home:
- The Bottle Rocket: 1 rack of ribs, 1 whole chicken, 2 pounds of protein, 24 wings, 2 large sides; $100
- The Cherry Bomb: Pulled pork plus two sides (potato salad, slaw or beans); $10 per person, 10 person minimum, requires 24 hours notice
- If you’re grabbing a cold one:
- Sierra Nevada bottles; $3.50
- Bud Light Drafts; $3
- Pitchers; $9
- Where: 706 W. Boynton Beach Boulevard