Friday, March 16
Tastes of South Florida
Snail of Approval Tasting Party
- Slow Food Miami hosts its seventh annual tasting party, known as Miami’s Freshest Night Out. The tasting party unites Miami’s top chefs, local growers and producers for a night of tasting and honoring Miami’s food scene. The event benefits Slow Food Miami’s Edible Garden Program.
- When: 7-10 p.m.
- Where: The Palms Hotel and Spa, 3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- Tickets: $98 per person in advance; $128 per person at the door
- Info: tinyurl.com/yab8a286
Bank of America Wine, Spirits Culinary Celebration
- The Museum of Discovery and Science hosts the 23rd annual celebration with more than 40 South Florida premier restaurants, an array of wine and spirits, assortment of craft beers and a silent auction.
- When: 6:30-10 p.m.
- Where: Museum of Discovery and Science, 401 SW 2nd St., Ft. Lauderdale
- Tickets: Starting at $33
- Info: mods.org/support/special-events/; 954-713-0918
- The band performs their hits, including “You Are The Woman,” “Just Remember I Love You” and “Mexico.”
- Where: Broward Center, SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- When: 8 p.m.
- Tickets: $23.11 – $69
- Info: browardcenter.org
Saturday, March 17
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day
Party at Death or Glory
- The bar hosts its first annual Party in the Parking Lot with music and free flower crowns and complimentary Gunpowder Irish Gin cocktails from The Shed Distillery of PJ Rigney in Drumshanbo, County Leitrim, Ireland. The bar also serves house made shepherd’s pie ($14) and vegan shepherd’s pie made with Impossible Meat ($18).
- Where: 116 NE Sixth Ave., Delray Beach
- Info: https://www.deathorglorybar.com/
St. Patrick’s Day Bash at Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Live music, a charming leprechaun and drink specials such as $5 green Bud Light draft and a special Irish-inspired cocktail the Sparkling Shamrock that includes Wycliff Brut Champagne and Midori Melon liqueur for $5. You can also wear green to enter the best dressed contest.
- When: 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Where: Shops at Pembroke Gardens, 14575 SW 5th St, Pembroke Pines
- Info: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com
Special Drink at Grille 401
- Try a Lucky Charm martini for $10 with Stoli Vanilla, Triple Sec, Midori Melon Liqueur and Sour Mix (pictured).
- Where: 401 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: grille401.com
Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
- Wear an extravagant hat to this tea party, filled finger sandwiches, cookies, cakes and tea and your favorite characters.
- When: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Where: Historic Stranahan House Museum, 335 South East Sixth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Tickets: $25 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under.
- Info: 954-524-4736 or email [email protected]
Take the Kids: Fishing Tournament
- Tradewinds Park hosts a fishing tournament with divisions for children ages 10-under and 11-17. Children must bring their own poles and tackle and be accompanied by an adult. Meeting place is the parking lot next to Butterfly World. Prizes available.
- When: 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Tradewinds Park, 3600 W. Sample Road
- Info: broward.org/parks; 954.357.8870
Saturday, March 17-Sunday, March 18
Celebrate the Arts
Jazz in the Gardens
- The annual music festival celebrating diversity and art features local artists as well as renowned singers. This year, the lineup includes Jill Scott, Esperanza Spalding, The Roots, Andra Day, LL Cool J, Common and more.
- When: March 17-18
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium
- Tickets: $116 two-day general admission on day of show; $80 one-day general admission
- Info: jazzinthegardens.com
Milk and Honey
- A collaborative concert of the Lynn Philharmonia Orchestra and the Live at Lynn Series, this showcase musical features a full cast of professional stage performers who bring this delightful show to life in honor of the 70th anniversary of the birth of Israel. Derived from Israeli folk music and dance, the show’s book is by Don Appell with music and lyrics by Jerry Herman. The underlying thread of the story is the fierce love Israeli pioneers have for their new freedom in the Promised Land, as it reveals two touching romances: one is between a mature American widow in Israel as a tourist and a retired American businessman visiting his married daughter.
- When: March 17-18; Saturday: 2 and 7:30 p.m.; Sunday: 4 p.m.
- Where: Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center, 3601 N Military Trail, Boca Raton
- Tickets: Individual tickets are $70 for Box, $55 for Orchestra and $50 for Mezzanine
- Info: lynn.edu/events
“Million Dollar Quartet”
- This Tony Award winning Broadway musical was inspired by the true story of the recording session that brought together rock n’ roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time.
- When: March 17-18; Saturday, 8 p.m.; Sunday, 2 & 7 p.m.
- Where: Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach
- Tickets: $85/$75
- Info: OldSchoolSquare.org
Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- The 14th annual event celebrates art, culture and entertainment with artisans and crafters as well as dance, theatrical and literary presentations.
- When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: The Walk of Coral Springs, 2920 N University Dr, Coral Springs
- Info: https://www.csfoa.org/
Bonus: Monday, March 19
Eats on Monday
Citi Taste of Tennis Miami
- Celebrate the Miami Open with cuisine from Miami’s cuisine leading chefs and appearances by your favorite tennis stars.
- When: 7-10 p.m.
- Where: W Miami, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami
- Info: www.tasteoftennis.com/miami
Mark Your Calendars
#ParklandStrong Benefit Concert
- New Found Glory finds opens their tour with a concert to benefit Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School with acoustic sets fromChris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional and Ryan Key of Yellowcard. All proceeds go to the Broward Education Foundation Victims’ Fund.
- When: May 16
- Where: Pompano Beach Amphitheater
- Info: waterwaysoiree.com