The Lifestyle List
Through the Weekend
Lilac and Lilies Ninth Anniversary
- The fashion boutique–which carries items from up-and-coming designers from New York, Los Angeles and overseas–celebrates its anniversary all weekend with shopping, panels and more.
- April 27: Lips and Sips pop up–makeup for guests by Beauty For Real accompanied by rosé from Villa Riviera. (4-7 p.m.)
- April 28: Women Trailblazers panel–the panel features local entrepreneurs such as founder Michelle DiMarco, Beauty For Real founder and celebrity makeup artist Leslie Munsell, celebrity wardrobe stylist Caitlin Saucier, and Miami lifestyle bloggers Brickellista File’s Evelyn Torres and Go Chic Yourself’s Marissa Mosseri. (2 p.m.)
- April 29: Rose byVilla Riviera and a fragrance-making bar hosted by Air Esscentials. Plus, 15 percent off all merchandise.
- Where: 2541 East Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
- Contact: 954.530.3109; lilacandlilies.com
Friday, April 27
Start the weekend with jazz and foodie events
Miami Downtown Jazz Festival
- Listener-supported WDNA-88.9 FM presents live jazz, blues and funk with performances by Arturo Sandoval, Kurt Elling, Regina Carter, Tito Puente Jr. and more. Refreshments available for purchase.
- When: April 26-28
- Where: Stephen P. Clark Center, Olympia Theater, Bayside Marina Stage, Bayfront Amphitheater
- Contact: miamidowntownjazzfestival.org
Taste of the Nation
- Local chefs such as Paula DaSilva and Alex Kuk, wineries and mixologists support the No Kid Hungry organization. Restaurants involved include Glass & Vine, Kuro, Byblos, Burlock Coast, Tanuki and others. Singer Betty Who headlines the event.
- When: 7-10 p.m.
- Where: Ice Palace Films Studios, 59 NW 14th St., Miami
- Contact: nokidhungry.com/miami
Taste of Oakland Park
- A local celebration of wine and food, featuring samples from local vendors.
- When: 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Jaco Pastorius Park, 4000 N. Dixie Highway, Oakland Park
- Contact: tinyurl.com/yavyy6u8
- A craft beer garden, interactive art performances, restaurant tastings and live music all benefit the Young at Art Museum’s community initiatives for low-income children and families.
- When: 7:30-11 p.m.
- Where: Young at Art Museum, 751 SW 121st Ave., Davie
- Info: youngatartmuseum.org
Saturday, April 28
Dance, Laugh, Bowl
Miami City Ballet: Program Four
- The last performance of the season for the company includes Balanchine classics—“Apollo” with music by Stravinsky (pictured) and “La Valse” with music by Ravel—and a company premiere, “Concerto DSCH” with music by Shostakovich.
- When: April 28-29
- Where: Broward Center
- Contact: browardcenter.org
Pines Day Birthday Celebration
- Pembroke Pines celebrates its 58th birthday with rides, live music and food.
- When: Noon-6 p.m.
- Where: Charles F. Dodge City Center, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
- Contact: ppinesday.com
- The Emmy Award-winning comedian delivers a night of laughs.
- When: April 28, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Mizner Park Cultural Center, 201 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- Contact: miznerparkculturalcenter.com
- Florida Grand Opera presents Daniel Catan’s new opera inspired by the work of Gabriel García Márquez. It tells the story of a Brazilian soprano’s journey home and is imbued with magical realism.
- When: April 28-May 5
- Where: Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Contact: arshtcenter.org
- Featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin, Sevendust, Pop Evil, Underoath and other hard rockers.
- When: April 28 & 29
- Where: Markham Park, 16001 W. State Road 84, Sunrise
- Contact: fortrockfestival.com
- The former “Saturday Night Live” writer and Emmy winner brings his self-deprecating humor to South Florida.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- Contact: seminolehardrockhollywood.com
Bowlero Davie opening
- Celebrate the new bowling destination, which includes 32 lanes of black light bowling, video walls, lounge seating and an arcade with more than 20 favorite games. Grand opening includes free bowling and giveaways.
- When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: 8200 W. State Road 84
- Contact: bowlero.com/davie-grand-opening
Sunday, April 29
End the weekend with a bang
Soref Jewish Community Center Gala
- The nonprofit honors Royal Caribbean International for its community leadership. The event raises money for the Children’s Scholarship Program which distributes $500,000 each year and for the Food Pantry, which feeds 10,000 people a year.
- Where: Signature Grand, 6900 W. State Road 84, Davie
- Contact: sorefjcc.org
Savor the Notes Jazz Brunch
- With live music from pianist/vocalist Kevin Laurence and Eric and the Jazzers, brunch items from local restaurants and farmers’ market vendors.Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged, and the location welcomes well-behaved dogs. Free yoga class on the city hall lawn at 8:45 a.m.
- When: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Coral Springs City Hall, 9500 West Sample Road
- Contact: CoralSprings.org/savor
The Beatles’ “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary”
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the classic album with a full live recreation by The Black Jacket Symphony and the Florida Rock Orchestra.
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Kravis Center, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach
- Contact: kravis.org
Mark Your Calendars: Thursday, May 3
- Students living with developmental disabilities and other life challenges cook side by side with South Florida’s top talent, including Dan Shuman of Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, Adrienne Grenier of 3030 Ocean, Paula DaSilva of Burlock Coast, Philip Darmon of Hardy Park Bistro and Pushkar Marathe of Ghee. Guests food, wine and cocktails and silent auction.
- When: 6:30-10 p.m.
- Where: The Gallery of Amazing Things,
- Tickets: $150 general admission; $200 VIP
- Contact: arcbroward.com