The Lifestyle List
Spotlight: Art Basel
Miami’s premier art show is back bringing a host of other art events with it. Here are a few to get you in the mood.
Miami Street Photography Festival
- When: Dec. 6-9
- Where: HistoryMiami Museum
- What: The Smithsonian affiliate showcases contemporary street and documentary photography and features lectures, photo walks, portfolios and more.
- Info: miamistreetphotographyfestival.org
- When: Dec. 6 & 8; 9 p.m.-midnight
- Where: Zenith Art & Fashion
- What: The gallery exhibits the work of 11 national and international artists such as Elena Kupreeva (work pictured above). At these free parties, enjoy cocktails and meeet and greets with the artists.
- Plus, check out the work at Red Dot Miami, a modern show that features more than 500 artists.
- Info: zenithartandfashion.com
Friday, November 30
Don’t leave yourself without some entertainment.
Holiday Magic Soiree
- When: 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Where: Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, 900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale
- What: The event on the historic home’s veranda kicks off a week of holiday events and performances.
- Info: bonnethouse.org
Riptide Music Festival
- When: Nov. 30-Dec. 2
- Where: Fort Lauderdale Beach, 1100 Seabreeze Blvd.
- What: Billed as “the world’s biggest beach party,” the festival features more than 30 bands including Sugar Ray, Third Eye Blind, The Jacksons and The Sugar Hill Gang.
- Info: riptidefest.com
Miami Motel Stories
- When: Nov. 30-Dec. 23
- Where: Gold Dust by Selina, 7700 Biscayne Blvd.
- What: Juggerknot Theatre Company presents immersive theater to tell Miami’s stories. Audiences meet figures of the past who graced the hotel: a Playboy Bunny who worked across the street at the Playboy Club in 1964; A young hustler from gritty 1995, or a 1950’s couple on their first road trip the Magic City, amongst others.
- Info: MiamiMotelStories.com
Saturday, December 1
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Ocean Way Holiday
- When: 5-9 p.m.
- Where: International Fishing Pier, 200 NE 21st Ave., Deerfield Beach
- What: Enjoy a Christmas by the ocean with carolers, photos with Santa, ice skating, a holiday character show and snow showering.
- Info: deerfield-beach.com
Carols by Candlelight
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Old School Square Pavilion, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach
- What: 1970s band Orleans headlines the annual tradition, which features local performers and candle lighting.
- Info: oldschoolsquare.org
Merry Mutts & Festive Felines Howliday Fundraiser
- When: 6-8:30 p.m.
- Where: Animal Care and Adoption Center, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale
- What: A fundraiser for Pets Broward’s “Backyard Beautification Project,” which will complete the unfinished backyard portion of the center to add turf, shade trees, dog pools and more. Guests can pose on the red carpet and enjoy drinks and light hors-d’oeuvres.
- Tickets: $75
- Info: Click here for info
Sunday, December 2
End the weekend with a brunch.
Old Davie Christmas
- When: Noon-2 p.m.
- Where: Old Davie School Historical Museum, 6650 Griffin Road, Davie
- What: The 17th annual tradition celebrates the holiday with old-fashioned games, pony rides, a petting zoo and free activities for children.
- Info: olddavieschool.org
Toolbox Brunch-raiser for Rebuilding Together Broward
- When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Casa Calabria, 4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- What: Silent auction, an Italian style brunch, and breakfast drinks celebrate the work done for those affected by Hurricane Irma.
- Info: Buy tickets HERE.
- When: 3 p.m.
- Where: Roberts Theater at Saint Andrew’s School, 3900 Jog Road, Boca Raton
- What: The Symphonia plays Mozart with pianist Marika Bournakai.
- Info: thesymphonia.org