The Lifestyle List
South Florida happenings for the weekend of Jan. 4-6
Throughout the Month
The Art of Banksy (pictured above)
- When: Through Feb. 28
- Where: Magic City Studios, 6301 NE Fourth Ave., Miami
- What: The exhibit features work by the anonymous artist who has fascinated the public and the art world with his distinctive style and political messages.
- Info: banksyexhibit.com
Gratitude and Joy
- When: Through Jan. 26
- Where: Bailey Contemporary Arts, 41 NE First St., Pompano Beach
- What: Photographers such as Jenna Regal, Candy Childrey, John Cote and others display their work in this juried exhibit exploring images that reflect on memories of joy and thankfulness.
- Info: baileyarts.org
What else is happening? Hover over the photos below to see what’s happening in South Florida this weekend.
Friday, January 4
Holiday Hangover (pictured)
- When: 5:30-8 p.m.
- Where: Historic Stranahan House Museum, 335 S.E. Sixth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- What: The historic house hosts its annual event, which features live music and culinary delights from New River Groves, Side Car Kitchen, Temple Street Eatery, and other local restaurants.
- Info: stranahanhouse.org
“The Goodbye Girl: The Musical”
- When: Jan. 4-5
- Where: Sunrise Civic Center Theatre, 10610 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Sunrise
- What: Curtain Call Playhouse performs a musical version of the Neil Simon play, which follows the romance between a single mother and an actor.
- Info: sunrisefl.gov
Saturday, January 5
Las Olas Art Fair
- When: Jan. 5-6, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: 620 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
- What: The free 31st annual fair features the work of more than 1,000 artists such as Shanna Ferris (work is pictured).
- Info: lasolasboulevard.com
Sunday, January 6
- When: 2 p.m.
- Where: Saint Andrew’s School, 3900 Jog Road, Boca Raton
- What: Guest conductor Kensho Watanabe of the Philadelphia Orchestra leads the Symphonia in a program of Bach, Massenet, Tchaikovsky, Schubert and Saint-Saens.
- Info: thesymphonia.org
Songs of the Sunshine State
- When: 3 p.m.
- Where: Boca Raton Museum of Art, 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- What: Part of the Music in the Museum series, the program pays tribute to original songs written about Florida from the 1910s to 1980s.
- Info: bocamuseum.org
Diana Ross (pictured)
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- What: The legendary singer and actress has earned a variety of industry honors such as Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and the American Music Award for Lifetime Achievement, testaments to the popular appeal of her 18 No. 1 songs and 14 top 10 albums.
- Info: myhrl.com
The Florida Highwaymen
- When: Jan. 6-31; opening reception, Jan. 6, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Levis JCC Sandler Center, 21050 95th Ave. S., Boca Raton
- What: The exhibit features the work of self-taught African-American artists whose work portrays Florida landscapes.
- Info: levisjcc.org/culture