The Lifestyle List: Feb. 8-10
South Florida events for the weekend of Feb. 8-10
Throughout the Month
The Art of Banksy
- When: Through Feb. 28
- Where: Magic City Studios, 6301 NE Fourth Ave., Miami
- What: The exhibit features work by the anonymous artist who has fascinated the public and the art world with his distinctive style and political messages.
- Info: banksyexhibit.com
Lifestyle is giving away a pair of tickets to the SOBEWFF Clambake
- When: Feb. 22, 8-10 p.m.
- Where: Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, 551 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
- What: Join Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and the resort’s Executive Chef Jorge Ramos at the hotel’s 20,000-square-foot beachfront Sky Deck, part of the CRAVE Greater Fort Lauderdale Series. Featuring Whispering Angel rosé and spirits and seaside-inspired dishes from more than a dozen of South Florida’s most popular restaurants.
- Info: The contest closes Feb. 18 at noon. Click HERE to visit our Facebook page and enter.
What else is happening? Hover over the photos below to see what’s happening in South Florida this weekend on Feb. 8-10
Friday, February 8
Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eighth St., Fort Lauderdale
- What: The Broadway favorites who co-starred in the 25th anniversary of “The Phantom of the Opera” in London, join Seth Rudetsky for an evening of music and conversation.
- Info: parkerplayhouse.com
Boca Raton Seafood & Music Festival
- When: Feb. 8-10
- Where: Mizner Park Amphitheater, 590 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- What: Savor the ocean with fresh seafood and vegetarian dishes as well as a variety of sides whiles enjoying local and regional musicians.
- Info: myboca.us
Seminole Tribal Fair
- When: Feb. 8-10
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- What: The cultural festival includes Native arts, crafts food and music as well as a dance competition and a Native American Reel Cinema Fest. Country singer Gretchen Wilson headlines the festival.
- Info: semtribefairandpowwow.com
Saturday, February 9
Heart and Sole 5K/12K Run/Walk
- When: 6 a.m.
- Where: Coral Springs Tennis Center, 2575 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs
- What: The run benefits Parkland Cares, which offers equine therapy for those affected by the Parkland shooting.
- Info: parklandcares.org
Afternoon of Jazz and Multicolored Memories
- When: 4 p.m.
- Where: Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855A Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs
- What: As part of the museum’s Culture Speaks series, Kitty Oliver presents a fusion of jazz music and storytelling, with a focus on ethnic communication.
- Info: coralspringsmuseum.org
Florida Renaissance Festival (pictured)
- When: Weekends, Feb. 9-March 24, 10 a.m.-sunset
- Where: Quiet Waters Park, 401 Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
- What: Enter a fantasy world of vikings, knights, lords and ladies at the 17th annual festival, where more than 100,000 visitors are transported to 16th-century Europe to view the sights and sounds of artisans, traveling actors, interactive entertainment and more.
- Info: ren-fest.com
Saturday, February 10
Spring Art on the Square (pictured)
- When: Feb. 9-10
- Where: Cornell Art Museum, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach
- What: The third annual juried art show features work from more than 100 artists as well as live music and exhibiting booths.
- Info: oldschoolsquare.org
“The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”
- When: Feb. 9 & 10
- Where: Sunrise Civic Center Theatre, 10610 W Oakland Park Blvd., Sunrise
- What: The musical follows the funny and heartwarming struggles and dreams of sixth-graders at the annual spelling bee in this popular musical.
- Info: sunrisefl.gov
National Pizza Day at MOD Pizza
- When: Feb. 9
- Where: Locations in Kendall, Coral Springs, Parkland and Pembroke Pines
- What: At MOD’s customers order individual, artisan-style pizzas and choose from more than 30 toppings. To celebrate National Pizza DAy, MOD offers a buy one pizza, get one free offer all day.
- Info: MOD Pizza