The Lifestyle List: March 1-3
South Florida events for the weekend of March 1-3
It’s the start of March, and we’re celebrating with a variety of art exhibits and fun events.
Literary Feast 2019
- When: March 1-2
- Where: Barnes and Noble bookstores and Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
- What: The Broward Public Library Foundation presents its annual celebration of books with 15 authors, LitLive panel discussions and the Night of Literary Feasts reception at Bahia Mar, featuring hors d’oeuvres, signings and a silent auction.
- Info: bplfoundation.org/literary-feast
Bungalow Bazaar Shopping Soiree at JustAir Fort Lauderdale
- When: March 1-2, noon- 6 p.m. each day
- Where: JustAir Fort Lauderdale, 1317 SE 17th St., Fort Lauderdale
- What: At this special edition of the Bungalow Bazaar, guests enjoy shopping from talented, global designers at the fabulous blow-dry-only bar. The Bungalow Bazaar is a traveling boutique specializing in luxury resort wear, vacation styling, girls getaways and all of your tropical style needs.
- Info: Click here for details
“Empowered Women” (pictured on main page)
- When: Through March 30; artist talk, March 23, 2 p.m.
- Where: Bailey Contemporary Arts, 41 NE First St., Pompano Beach
- What: The solo exhibit by Spanish artist Florencia Clement de Grandprey celebrates Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day with dramatic and colorful artwork portraying strong and powerful women.
- Info: baileyarts.org
Sayaka Ganz: Reclaimed Creations
- When: Through March 31
- Where: Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, 4000 Morikami Park Road, Delray Beach
- What: The Japanese artist uses reclaimed plastic to create sculptures in a style she calls “3D impressionism,” portrays animals in motion.
- Info: morikami.org
- When: Through April 12
- Where: Historic Ali Cultural Arts, 353 Martin Luther King Blvd., Pompano Beach
- What: Photographs by Jamie Robertson and works on paper by Shawna Moulton explore identify and cultural perception in this exhibit.
- Info: aliarts.org
Weston World Fest (pictured)
- When: March 3, noon-4 p.m.
- Where: Weston Community Center at Regional Park, 20200 Saddle Club Road
- What: The event celebrates cultures from around the world with more than 20 country booths with cuisine and games from around the world.
- Info: 1weston.com
- When: March 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Charles F. Dodge City Center, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
- What: The Grammy-nominated group experience lands in South Florida during its 2019 world tour. Its performance mixes the new with the old in celebrating Ireland’s rich cultural heritage.
- Info: charlesfdodgecitycenter.com