Throughout the Month
- WHEN: Through March 30; artist talk, March 23, 2 p.m.
- WHERE: Bailey Contemporary Arts, 41 NE First St., Pompano Beach
- WHAT: The solo exhibit by Spanish artist Florencia Clement de Grandprey celebrates Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day with dramatic and colorful artwork portraying strong and powerful women.
- INFO: baileyarts.org
Sayaka Ganz: Reclaimed Creations
- WHEN: Through March 31
- WHERE: Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, 4000 Morikami Park Road, Delray Beach
- WHAT: The Japanese artist uses reclaimed plastic to create sculptures in a style she calls “3D impressionism,” portrays animals in motion.
- INFO: morikami.org
- WHEN: March 15, 7:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Miniaci Performing Arts Center, 3100 Ray Ferrero Jr. Blvd., Davie
- WHAT: The founder of Peter, Paul and Mary performs his signature conscious folk music.
- INFO: nova.edu/miniaci/events.html
- WHEN: March 15, 7:30 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Hard Rock Event Center, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
- WHAT: “The Daily Show” host and South Africa native brings his unique insights seen in his multiple Netflix comedy specials, in which he takes on American culture and tells stories about his childhood growing up in a post-apartheid nation.
- INFO: myhrl.com
“One Night in Memphis”
- WHEN: March 16, 8 p.m.
- WHERE: Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- WHAT: Rock ’n’ roll to the music of legends such as Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley. The tribute band performs classics such as “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Hound Dog,” “Folsom Prison Blues” and more rockabilly and country hits.
- INFO: thecentercs.com
Coral Springs Festival of the Arts and Crafts
- WHEN: March 16-17, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- WHERE: 2874 N. University Drive, Coral Springs
- WHAT: This citywide festival celebrates every type of art—from performance to painting—as well as a green market in this 15th annual event.
- INFO: artfestival.com
- WHEN: March 16-17
- WHERE: Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Place, Miramar
- WHAT: The Florida Grand Opera presents the work by Robert Xavier Rodríguez inspired by the story of the artist Frida Kahlo.
- INFO: miramarculturalcenter.org
“Queer Miami: A History of LGBTQ Communities” (pictured)
- When: March 16-Jan. 12
- Where: HistoryMiami Museum, 101 W. Flagler St., Miami
- What: The exhibit recognizes the 50th anniversary of Stonewall with photos, footage and artifacts that show the history of Miami’s LGBTQ communities.
- Info: historymiami.org
Garden Festival and Bonsai Show
- WHEN: March 16-17, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- WHERE: Flamingo Gardens, 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie
- WHAT: Featuring demonstrations and lectures join guided tours, music and more, including a bonsai show by the Broward Bonsai Society.
- INFO: flamingogardens.org
- WHEN: March 16-May 18; reception, March 21, 6 p.m.
- WHERE: Coral Springs Museum of Art
- WHAT: This art installation is the first solo exhibit by the celebrated contemporary abstract expressionist and features her innovative paintings combining a variety of textures, colors and perspectives.
- INFO: coralspringsmuseum.org
Stars of American Ballet
- WHEN: March 17, 3 p.m.
- WHERE: Olympic Heights Performing Arts Theater, 20101 Lyons Road, Boca Raton
- WHAT: The Stars of American Ballet (founded by New York City Ballet principal dancer Daniel Ulbircht) joins the Boca Ballet Theatre in a dazzling performance.
- INFO: bocaballet.org
For St. Patrick’s Day events and deals, click here.