Ballroom Battle on TV
The annual fundraiser for the George Snow Scholarship Fund will be broadcast live on WPTV
Over the past decade, a local fundraising event that mirrors Dancing with the Stars has emerged as one of the most popular and entertaining social gatherings of the season in Palm Beach County. But, like so many other nonprofits, the George Snow Scholarship Fund had to pivot amid the pandemic.
Fortunately, for fans of the annual “Ballroom Battle,” the show will go on. Eight prominent members of the South Florida community already are training for the 13th annual dance showcase—which will be broadcast on the NBC affiliate WPTV-TV, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. In addition, the event, presented by Ed Morse Automotive Group, will live stream on the WPTV website (wptv.com) and the George Snow Scholarship Fund site (scholarship.org).
“This is the do-not-miss event of the season as eight of our community’s most recognizable personalities take to the dance floor for a good cause,” says president Tim Snow.
Paired with professional dancers from Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Boca Raton, the eight participants will compete for the fundraising “Mirror Ball” trophy. This year’s theme is “Education is a Game Changer.”
This year’s Ballroom Battle “Elite Eight” community dancers include:
- Steven Bernstein: Founder & Chairman, SBA Communications Corporation
- Robin Bresky: Founder & President, The Law Offices of Robin Bresky
- Dr. Gwenesia S. Collins: Assistant Vice President of Clinical Ancillary Services, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Respiratory, Community Outreach and Population Health, Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- William Donnell: President & Chief Executive Officer, NCCI
- Tara Lucier: Talent Acquisition Manager, Inspirage
- Ross O’Connor: Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
- Kirsten Stanley: Director of Operations, Tammy Fender Holistic Skin Care
- Kyle Stewart: Vice President-Investments PIM Portfolio Manager, Wells Fargo
For information about sponsorships, watch parties, supporting your favorite dancer—and this year’s charity raffle (with a $5,000 cash prize), click here.