Lifestyle Media Group Honored by Florida Magazine Association
Lifestyle magazines won more first-place awards than any other publication at the annual Charlie Awards, held Aug. 10 at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in Orlando.
Lifestyle magazines, part of Lifestyle Media Group’s portfolio of publications, earned 10 first-place honors, including the coveted “Best Overall Magazine” award in its circulation bracket (20,000 and under).
“We at Lifestyle Media Group are incredibly honored to be the recipient of so many awards from FMA,” says Gary Press, chairman and CEO of Lifestyle Media Group. “As the largest and fastest-growing magazine publisher in South Florida, with 14 titles and a combined readership of nearly 1 million readers, we are pleased to be recognized by this organization which promotes excellence and the standing of magazines in the Florida publishing industry.”
The annual Charlie Awards competition recognizes publishing excellence involving magazines produced in the state of Florida. Nearly 500 entries were submitted to this year’s competition that recognizes publishers, writers, editors, artists, photographers, printers, marketers and others as the best among their peers in scores of categories.
Overall, the magazines of Lifestyle Media Group collected 12 FMA honors in a range of categories, including writing, graphic design, illustration and photography. Lifestyle magazine earned 11 of those awards, and South Florida Business & Wealth magazine took home one.
Lifestyle Media Group’s FMA awards* are as follows:
Charlie Awards (first place)
* Best Overall Magazine: Lifestyle magazine
* Best Overall Writing: Lifestyle magazine
* Best Special Theme Issue: Lifestyle magazine; April 2018 issue dedicated to the Parkland community
* Best Feature: Lifestyle magazine; “Truth to Power,” by Kevin Kaminski, July 2017
* Best In-Depth Reporting: Lifestyle magazine; “Predators at the Gate,” by Lisa Lucas and Andrea Richard, Feb. 2018
* Best Column: Lifestyle magazine; “Editor’s Letter,” by Kevin Kaminski
* Best Traditional Illustration: Lifestyle magazine; “Predators at the Gate,” by Frank Papandrea, Feb. 2018
* Best Use of Photography: Lifestyle magazine; “Stories from Parkland,” by Melanie Smit, Jeff Vespa, Ian Witlen and Eduardo Schneider, April 2018
* Best Single Feature Image: Lifestyle magazine; Emma Gonzalez photo, by Jeff Vespa, April 2018
* Best Design—Department: Lifestyle magazine; “The Dish,” by Evelyn Suarez and Melanie Smit
* Best Design — Cover: Lifestyle magazine; April 2018 issue, by Melanie Smit and Ian Witlen
* Best Feature: “The Gift Is You,” by Andrea Richard, Oct. 2017, South Florida Business & Wealth magazine
* All Lifestyle awards are in the consumer, 20,000-under circulation category; South Florida Business & Wealth award is in the trade/technical category.