With heightened customer safety top of mind, The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale reopened Monday (May 18) with limited daily hours. For the most part, the mall will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Monday through Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Some individual stores, however, may keep different hours.
“The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale [has opened its] doors with a mindful approach that adheres to government-mandated guidelines for the safety and well-being of our shoppers, retailers and employees,” said Mark Trouba, general manager at The Galleria. “We look forward to re-engaging with our shoppers and thank them for their continued loyalty.”
Among the safety precautions that shoppers will notice: a state-of-the-art escalator disinfection unit that uses UV technology to continuously disinfect the handrails. In addition, The Galleria will have these guidelines in place:
- All guests will be required to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitizers will be located throughout the shopping center.
- Water fountains will be closed.
- Restrooms will operate with an enhanced cleaning schedule.
- Valet service will remain temporarily closed.
- Retailers and restaurants will continue to provide curbside delivery.
- Touch-free points of entry, including in the bathroom area, will be implemented.
Visit galleriamall-fl.com to learn more about what’s happening at The Galleria, including information on its “Salute to Health Care Heroes” campaign in association with Broward Health Foundation.