The Lifestyle List
Friday, Feb. 2: *Groundhog Day*
Tickets on sale: South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- The 17th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF) returns to EAT. DRINK. EDUCATE. Sample exquisite food prepared by your favorite chefs, local and celebrity. Proceeds from the Festival benefit the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University.
- When: February 21–25
Saturday, Feb. 3
National Pisco Sour Day at SuViche
- SuViche is celebrating one of Peru’s most popular cocktails at its Las Olas and Wynwood locations with $5 Pisco Sours (pictured). Diners can choose from the traditional Pisco Sour—made with fresh squeezed lime juice, simple syrup and a dash of egg whites—or kick it up a notch by adding a signature macerado, an infusion made with fresh berries, herbs, spices and pisco. SuViche’s Pisco Sour Macerados include Thai chili, mango, blueberry thyme, cinnamon, lychee, gummy bear and more.
- When: Noon–7 p.m.
- Where: 401 E. Las Olas Blvd, Suite 150, Fort Lauderdale
Family Fun Day and Car Show
- Coral Springs is hosting its annual Family Fun Day and Car Show at the Sportsplex. Parking and admission are free. There will be music, food trucks, vendors and bounce houses, and refreshments will be available for purchase. For those who want to enter their vehicles in the car show, the cost to pre-register a vehicle is $15, or $20 on the day of the event. A second vehicle will be half off. Trophies will be awarded to winners in multiple categories. Businesses also can register to set up a 10-foot-by-10-foot booth for $40. For more information or to sign up, call 954.345.2119.
- When: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Where: 2575 Sportsplex Dr., Coral Springs
Sunday, Feb. 4: *Super Bowl Sunday*
Super Bowl Sunday Special
- All Tap 42 locations will host a special Super Bowl Sunday Watch Party from 6 p.m. to close. Specials include bottomless wings with unlimited 42 Truths Pale Ale for $25, and all-you-can-drink 42 Truths Pale Ale for $20.
Brunch at AVANT
- AVANT, a Delray Beach hot spot, recently launched a lavish Sunday brunch at an affordable prix fixe price of just $29.50 per person ($15.50 per person, kids ages 7–11). Seatings are available from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Brunch includes four stations with an omelet bar, chafing station, salads and fresh fruits and breads. Waiters visit each table with a variety of flowing small plates (which rotate and can include dishes such as eggs Benedict, French toast—such as the Elvis, with peanut butter, banana and bacon, or bananas foster French toast—meatballs, sliders and tacos), and dessert is included. Chafing station offerings include penne primavera, drunken mussels, bacon, sausage and home fries. Bottomless mimosas, beermosas and bloody Marys are available for $14.50 per person. An a la carte full bar is available, as well.
- Indoor and patio seating is available, and large groups are welcome. Reservations are recommended.
- Where: 25 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach
Don’t Miss Out: Museum of Ice Cream extends its stay in Miami
- After selling out its initial run, Museum of Ice Cream will be extending its sold-out stay through the end of Feb. 26.
Couples Cooking Class at Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Brimstone Woodfire Grill will host a couples cooking class leading up to Valentine’s Day, on Feb. 6 at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on evening with Brimstone’s head chef Julio Martinez, as you learn how to prepare a romantic three-course dinner for two. During the class, diners will receive an apron, glass of wine to pair with each course and take a photo to remember the experience. Tickets to the event are $75 per person. Call 954.430.2333 to reserve your spot.