While several restaurants in Broward County opened their doors this week, a few top destinations in Miami-Dade are taking a slower approach. However, by the middle of next week, expect a host of stellar eateries to finally welcome back customers.
Among the restaurants reopening on Wednesday, May 27:
- Navé and Ariete: These two popular Michael Beltran restaurants in Coconut Grove both will open for dinner (Sunday through Thursday, 5 to 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 5 to 11 p.m.). Beltran’s Taurus Beer & Whiskey House in Coconut Grove also opens on the 27th with a select menu and nightly service from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Beaker & Gray: The Wynwood hot spot is offering an all-day menu Wednesday and Thursday from noon to 11 p.m., and until midnight on Friday—with late-night bites Wednesday and Thursday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., and starting at midnight on Friday. Saturday and Sunday, the restaurant will open at 11 a.m. for brunch and remain open until 2 a.m. The restaurant will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Hakkasan: The Fontainebleau’s award-winning Cantonese eatery will be open for dinner Wednesday through Sunday, starting at 6 p.m. Two nights later, on May 29, StripSteak by Michael Mina opens for dinner (also at 6 p.m.), with Friday through Tuesday hours.
- Gianni’s: The restaurant at the former Versace Mansion opens for lunch and dinner. Lunch is daily, noon to 4 p.m.; dinner is Sunday through Thursday, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., and Friday and Saturday, 6:30 to 11 p.m.
- Rusty Pelican: Single-use and digital menus will be available (along with tweaks to the offerings) at this Key Biscayne favorite. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 4 to 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- La Fresa Francesa (Hialeah) and Silverlake Bistro (Miami Beach): Both spots will initially serve dinner only from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Ocean Grill at the Setai: The oceanfront restaurant on Miami Beach opens for lunch on the 27th and dinner on the 29th. Lunch is 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; dinner will be 6 to 10 p.m.
Pictured: Beaker & Gray’s cauliflower; photo by Brett Hufziger