Seminole Casinos Reopen
The Hard Rock and Classic Casino in Hollywood, and the casino in Coconut Creek invite guests back
A combined 3,200 team members are returning to work today (June 12) at noon as three Seminole Casino properties open their doors to guests. Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, and Seminole Classic Casino (also in Hollywood) are reopening with new “Safe and Sound” guidelines meant to keep guests and employees safe.
In addition, more than 600 guest rooms at the Guitar Hotel will be available at Seminole Hard Rock (go to seminolehardrockhollywood.com to book reservations). And several restaurants at all three properties will reopen with social distancing policies. Major entertainment venues Hard Rock Live and The Pavilion at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek remain closed.
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” says Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and chairman of Hard Rock International. “We are making sure our resorts and casinos are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”
Those safety initiatives, at all the properties, include the following:
- Temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry. Any guest or team member with a temperature above CDC guidelines of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed entry.
- All guests must wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, without exception. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Thousands of alternating slot machines will be turned off, to help ensure social distancing.
- New Plexiglas barriers will divide players at table games, poker games and customer service areas.
- Hundreds of team members will be part of a new “Safe and Sound Clean Team” to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the casino complexes, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available on the casino floors, at the entrances and throughout the casino complexes.
- Constant purification and disinfecting of the air flowing into the complexes through the AtmosAir™ bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
- There will be an overall 50% reduction in guest capacity throughout the casino complexes.