The four-day South Beach Wine & Food Festival kicks off Thursday and runs through Sunday, with events throughout the Miami Beach area. Visit sobewff.org for the complete schedule and ticket information.
Thursday, May 20
- Italian Bites on the Beach: Giada De Laurentiis plays host at this beachside affair presented by Carbone Fine Food. (Carbone, which opened this winter, is one of the hottest Italian restaurants in Miami.)
- Chef dinners: All four days of the festival include intimate dinners/brunches involving renowned local chefs, Food Network and Cooking Channel stars and various celebrities. The first night includes dinners hosted by Cesare Casella, Ignacio Mattos and Michelle Bernstein.
- 20th Anniversary event: Join Martha Stewart and a surprise musical performer for this late-night outdoor bash celebrating two decades of SOBEWFF.
Friday, May 21
- Sunset Happy Hour: Rocker Sammy Hagar takes the stage with co-host and celebrity chef Guy Fieri at The Deck at Island Gardens.
- Burger Bash: The wildly popular event, hosted by Bobby Flay, will be divided into two outdoor sessions.
- Best of the Best: The poolside lawns at the Fontainebleau provide the backdrop for this culinary showcase with 30 top chefs from around the country and more than 60 wine offerings. There’s also a Saturday night version of this event.
Saturday, May 22
- Grand Tasting Village: One of the festival’s signature events will be divided into two three-hour sessions on the sands of South Beach. The event also will be held on Sunday.
- Champagne BubbleQ: A throwback to the event that kicked off the festival in 2002, this two-session affair hosted by Guy Fieri promises a mix of open-fire favorites—with Moët & Chandon.
- Celebration Dessert Party: Get your sweet tooth on at this late-night presentation of cakes, cookies and other decadent treats, hosted by celebrity chef Scott Conant at The National Hotel.
Sunday, May 23
- Drag Brunch: Join Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka at this always-spirited affair that also features Bianca Del Rio (winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race) and famed Miami drag queen Athena Dion.
- Best of the Fest: The weekend closes with an outdoor celebration at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, hosted by James Beard Award-winning Andrew Zimmern. Expect entertainment by Rev Run, of Run-DMC fame, and a selection of all-time favorite bites from the past 20 festivals.