Servers, bartenders and hosts are among the many employees whose jobs have been rendered obsolete by the COVID-19 pandemic. Though some restaurants have been able to use employees as delivery drivers or to package food for pickup, many have had to close their doors altogether, leaving employees suddenly without a paycheck.
To combat the loss of diners staying home in the name of social distancing, local restaurants Casa D’Angelo and Angelo Elia have committed to donating all of the sales from gift cards to its employees. They also are offering a 20% discount on all gift cards as an incentive to purchase.
“In an effort to help sustain our staff during this difficult time, we will be donating all proceeds from the sale of our gift cards towards keeping our employees on the job,” says chef Angelo Elia. “We have seen a tremendous response from the community and a willingness to lend their support through purchasing the gift cards and helping our team stay on their feet.”
These gift cards can be redeemed at any time and at any of the restaurant’s locations throughout South Florida. Gift cards may be purchased either in-store or by telephone to be mailed to the recipient.
These restaurants also offer creative solutions for those socially distancing and self-isolating during this time. Most Casa D’Angelo and Angelo Elia locations are offering “white glove” curbside pickup and free delivery to local homes and residences. To order either of these services, call the location you wish to order from. Casa D’Angelo is open from 2 to 9 p.m. and Angelo Elia is open from 4 p.m. to close.
Casa D’Angelo locations:
- Fort Lauderdale: 1201 N. Federal Highway, Suite 5A, 954.564.1234.
- Aventura: 2906 NE 207th St., 305.699.5500.
- Boca Raton: 171 E. Palmetto Park Road, 561.996.1234.
Angelo Elia Pizza, Bar & Tapas:
- Fort Lauderdale: 4215 N. Federal Highway, 954.561.7300.
- Delray Beach: 16950 Jog Road, 561.381.0037. (Not offering curbside pickup or delivery.)
- Coral Springs: 5920 Coral Ridge Drive, 954.344.1233.
- Weston: 1370 Weston Road, 954.306.0037.
Angelo Elia the Bakery Bar:
- Fort Lauderdale, 2104 E. Oakland Park Blvd., 954.566.6100.