Author Susie Levan donates book proceeds to nonprofits in South Florida
Eight area nonprofits received much-needed funding thanks to the benevolence of local philanthropist and author Susie Levan. The founder of The Work-Life Balance Institute for Women donated gross proceeds from the sales of her book—Getting to Forgiveness: What a Near-Death Experience Can Teach Us About Loss, Resilience and Love—to the local organizations during a private Zoom ceremony.
Each nonprofit received a $5,000 check during the virtual event emceed by local radio personality Ellen Jaffe.
Levan’s book recounts how she “emerged as a stronger soul after surviving a kidnapping and near-death experience.” The book is available for purchase on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
The beneficiaries included:
- Broward Public Library Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
- Habitat for Humanity Broward
- Hispanic Unity of Florida
- Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Nova Southeastern University H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- United Way of Broward County
- Women of Color Network Inc.