The Lifestyle List
Thursday, Feb. 22 — Celebrate National Margarita Day and Food Fun
- Try the Great Minds Drink Alike! Perfect Patrón ‘Rita with lunch specials such as Ensalada de Pollo and Sopa y Jicama-Green Apple Slaw
- Where: The Village at Gulfstream, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach
- Info: 954.457.7662; https://www.cantinalaredo.com/location/hallandale-florida/
Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Half off Kush Margaritas and Don Julio Margaritas
- Where: Shops at Pembroke Gardens, 14575 SW 5th St, Pembroke Pines; CityPlace Doral, 8300 NW 36th St. Doral
- Info: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com
- $7 margaritas
- Where: 401 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
- Info: grille401.com
- Offering Blueberry Margarita with Baron Tequila, wild blueberry preserves, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Where: 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton; 1411 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: tap42.com/
Blue Moon Mexican Café
- $5 margaritas all day including the Skinny Margarita, the Blue Moonarita (pictured) and The Wolf (all made with Lunazul Blanco Tequila)
- Where: 6897 SW 18th St., Boca Raton
- Info: 561.571.7000
Taste of Pines
- Featuring a variety of local restaurants including California Pizza Kitchen, Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt, Sosta Caffe, Pincho Factory and more. Proceeds benefit the City of Pembroke Pines charter school system
- When: 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Charles F. Doge City Center, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
- Info: ppines.com/tasteofpines
Friday, Feb. 23
Food and Laughs
Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Starting with a hanger party at the Boca Raton Executive Airport; Saturday Gala Dinner & Auction and a performance by Tim Allen at the Boca Raton Resort & Club and the Sunday Boca Raton Concours d’ Elegance on the show field at the Boca Raton Resort & Club all to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
- Where: Throughout Miami
- Info: sobewff.org or 877.762.3933
12th Annual Boca Raton Concours D’Elegance
- The world’s largest charitable concours benefits the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County and features a dinner, auction, show with comedian Tim Allen.
- When: Feb. 23-25
- When: Atlantic Aviation at Boca Raton Airport 3700 Airport Road; Boca Raton Resort & Club 501 East Camino Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Info: https://www.bocaratonconcours.com/
- The comedian and writer returns to South Florida.
- Where: Hard Rock Live at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale
- When: Feb. 23 & 24, 8 p.m.
- Tickets: Starting at $80
- Info: https://m.seminolehardrockhollywood.com/hard-rock-live.htm
Sultans of String
- Hailing from the Canada, the string band plays multiple genres such as Celtic, Cuban, Arabic and Cuban.
- Where: Arts Garage, 94 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach
- When: 8 p.m.
- Tickets: Starting at $30
- Info: artsgarage.org
Saturday, Feb. 24
See You at the Game
Panthers Vs. Pittsburgh
- When: 7 p.m.
- Price: Starting $29
- Where: BB&T Center, 2555 NW 136th Ave., Sunrise
Memphis Grizzlies Vs. Miami Heat
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Price: Starting $40
- Where: AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
Colin Quinn: One in Every Crowd
- The “SNL” alum gives intelligent laughs in his one-man show
- When: 8 p.m.
- Price: $31.50 – $75
- Where: Broward Center, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Info: browardcenter.org
- Enjoy food, fair rides, business vendors and kids activities throughout the afternoon. In the evening, Fleetwood Mac tribute band Tusk performs, followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
- When: 1-8:30 p.m.
- Price: Free
- Where: Sabal Pines Park, 5005 NW 39th Ave., Coconut Creek
- Info: coconutcreek.net/parks/butterfly-festival-2018
Sunday, Feb. 25
Some Art With That
Contemporary Art in Historic Contexts Symposium
- Join national and international artists, museum practitioners, and Vizcaya friends and supporters for a reception to launch a two-day symposium examining the curatorial, artistic and interpretive processes of presenting contemporary art in historic contexts. You can also view the Villa’s Contemporary Arts Program exhibition, Overload, featuring work by David Brooks, Orlando Jacinto Garcia and others.
- When: 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Villa Vizcaya, 3251 S Miami Ave., Miami
- Info: vizcaya.org/
Moscow Festival Ballet
- Performances of “Romeo and Juliet” with music by Tchaikovsky and “Les Sylphides (Chopiniana)” with music by Chopin
- When: 2 p.m.
- Where: Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eighth St., Fort Lauderdale
- Tickets: $15 – $51.03
- Info: browardcenter.org
On Sale Now
- When: May 15, 8 p.m.
- Price: $75 each
- Where: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hollywood, Florida
- Info: www.myhrl.com