The Lifestyle List
Bonus: Thursday, April 19
Comedy night at Farmer’s Table
- The last installment of the season of Farmer’s Table comedy series features local comedian Jen Hellman and headliner Dean Napolitano, known for his appearances on “Good Morning America,” “Army Wives,” and “Burn Notice.”
- When: April 18-22
- Where: The Oak Room at Farmer’s Table, 1901 North Military Trail, Boca Raton
- Tickets: $35
- Contact: farmerstableboca.com
Friday, April 20
Refresh your body and soul with food, music and poetry
- Miami-Dade County’s annual festival of poetry is continuing throughout the month. This weekend, events include a Sangam Rice dinner, a poetry zine workshop, a sensory forest walk inspired by Persian poetry, a theatrical experience and poetry readings.
- When: Through April
- Where: Locations throughout Miami-Dade County
- Info: omiami.org
Sép7imo Día—No Descansaré
- Cirque du Soleil’s 40th show pays tribute to the Latin rock band Soda Stereo, 10 years after the band’s “Me Veras Volver” reunion tour. Celebrating the band’s connection with its fans, this is the first Cirque show that features a section where the audience stands to engage in the energy.
- When: April 18-22
- Where: Watsco Center, 1245 Dauer Drive, Coral Gables
- Contact: cirquedusoleil.com/sep7imo-dia
Las Olas Wine & Food Festival
- More than 50 South Florida restaurants, and 40 wineries and breweries give out samples at this 23rd annual benefit for the American Lung Association.
- When: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Where: Las Olas Boulevard, between SE Sixth and 11th Avenues
- Contact: lasolaswff.com
Friday Night Sound Waves
- The weekly concert series at the beach continues with a performance byJoel DaSilva, performing blues to celebrate HandsOn Broward and Volunteer Appreciation Week
- When: 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Fort Lauderdale Beach Hub at Las Olas & A1A
- Info: fridaynightsoundwaves.com
- Arriving as nation recognizes 50th anniversary of his passing, this fictional story of MLK’s last night will star film, television and stage actors Karen Malina White and Gilbert Glenn Brown
- When: April 20-21
- Where: Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
- Info: kravis.org
Saturday, April 21
Laughs with Mulaney and art at Wynwood
Eagles with Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
- The legendary rock band is back performing live—four years after what was billed as their final tour. Special guest Jimmy Buffett plays his tropical hits as the opening act.
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium, 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens
- Contact: hardrockstadium.com
- The former “Saturday Night Live” writer and Emmy winner brings his self-deprecating humor to South Florida.
- When: 8 p.m.
- Where: Hard Rock Event Center
- Contact: seminolehardrockhollywood.com
- The Colombian superstar brings his “Mis Planes Son Amarte” tour with Chilean singer Mon Laferte. Joined by special guests Caloncho, expect new and old favorites, including “La Camisa Negra” and “A Dios Le Pido.”
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: AmericanAirlines Arena
- Contact: aaarena.com
Volume 02 | Live The Good Life Party
- The event will feature Grammy Award winning hip-hop artist Lupe Fiasco and Travie McCoy of the rap rock band Gym Class Heroes. Area DJs and other special guests including local celebrities will appear and complimentary drinks will be offered until 10 p.m.
- When: 9 p.m.
- Where: Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, 5550 NW 40 St., Coconut Creek
- Contact: CasinoCoco.com
Wynwood Life Street Festival
- Head to Miami’s vibrant art neighborhood to enjoy street artists and live painting, arts and craft vendors, food trucks and more
- When: April 21-23
- Where: Northwest Second Avenue, Miami
- Contact: wynwoodlife.com
- An homage to Jerr Herman who composed Hello, Dolly!, Mame, Mack and Mabel and La Cage Aux Folles. The Wick celebrates the composer’s classic productions and honors the 40-plus female stars who have appeared in his musicals over the years. The show is directed by Broadway great Lee Roy Reams and features internationally acclaimed star Susan Anton along with Klea Blackhurst, Julie Kavanaugh and Lauren Sprague.
- When: 7 p.m.; Runs through May 13
- Where: The Wick Theatre, 7901 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton
- Tickets: $80-85
- Info: thewick.org
Mad Hatter Soiree
- Enjoy a trunk show from The Lizard Thicket boutique while enjoying tapas and tea. Then wear your most lavish hat for $10 specialty cocktails such as The Red Queen (pictured), Cheshire Cosmo, and Finding Alice.
- When: Trunk show from noon to 3 p.m.; cocktails from 8 p.m. to close
- Where: Brimstone Woodfire Grill, Pembroke Pines
- Contact: brimstonewoodfiregrill.com
Lynn Philharmonia No. 6
- The Philharmonia performs Beethoven and Marquez. Nestor Torres on flute joins them for the world premiere of Flue Concerto by Mariano Morales.
- When: April 21, 7:30 p.m.; April 22, 4 p.m.
- Where: Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center
- Tickets: $50 for box, $40 for orchestra, $35 for mezzanine
- Contact: lynn.edu/events
Sunday, April 22
Celebrating Earth Day
Rally and Ride
- A truck and car show with large utility vehicles. The free event includes a kids corner, vendors and live music.
- When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Bergeron Rodeo Grounds, 4271 Davie Road, Davie
- Contact: 954.797.1181
- The string trio performs electric versions of pop and classical favorites.
- When: 2 p.m.
- Where: Willow Theatre at Sugar Sand Park, 300 S. Military Trail, Boca Raton
- Contact: willowtheatre.org
Get Your Green On: An Earth Day Celebration
- Guests can bring their recyclables, play with some solar tech and connect with the museum’s team to find out how they can make an impact on several restoration projects. Zoom to the finish line with mini solar cars, join an in-depth discussion on microplastics and more.
- When: 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, 1101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Info: www.coralsprings.org/aprilpools
Earth Day at 1 Hotel South Beach
- The hotel invites guests and the public to celebrate the environment, part of 1 Hotel’s Earth Day Every Day campaign. Activities include beach yoga, planting, a beach cleanup, an Earth Day market with merchandise from Lululemon, Thirst, Tropical Fluff and others and more. The day ends with a butterfly release.
- When: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: 1 Hotel South Beach, 2341 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Info: earthday1hotelsb.splashthat.com