Life Lessons: Nancy Gold
- People don’t necessarily know what they’re going to be attracted to, what’s going to be the key to their heart. Sometimes they just have to experience it.
- We come in, sometimes, with unrealistic expectations. We have to look at what’s realistic at the age you’re at, the stage you’re at in life, [and] say, “You know, really and truly, I want someone to make me feel like I’m in a comfortable pair of shoes. When I close the door, I have unconditional love.” And isn’t that the most wonderful thing?
- If you go with what your past has been, it’s going to be creating your future.
- I think a lot of people are stepping away from meeting people in the office because of the current climate. We see a lot more C-suite people and others who are very busy and don’t have time to step outside the office and meet people.
- It’s not just about finding the right person—it’s about being the right person. People are looking for appreciation. They want to be acknowledged.
- There are a lot of ways that people take things personally and things derail so easily today. “OK, next! I’m swiping left. Next!” Relationships are complicated, and they’re delicate.
- You know everything about yourself. Find out about the other person. So listen.
- I think it’s very important not to talk about your past spouse, your past relationships, your children. It can be mentioned, but that’s about it. Talk about your interests and values, what your dreams and your hopes are. What do you love? When you talk about something you love, you shine.
- The two most important qualities that a person is attracted to, I think, is your attitude and your confidence. And I’m not talking about egotistical confidence. Bring a positive attitude. Bring your smile. Bring your best self. And you’ll enlist that in the other person.
- It’s just a date. Date to date, don’t date to mate.
- Having my son was a fabulous teacher for me on how to have unconditional love, and what that was like.
The Gold File
- Gold is a licensed psychologist with more than 25 years of relationship consulting.
- She and her business partner, Barbara Black Goldfarb, started Elegant Introductions five years ago and serve all of South Florida.
- Although specializing in pairing Jewish singles of all ages, Elegant Introductions is open to people of all religions.
- The company (jelegantintroductions.com) has been featured on ABC and CBS and in local and national publications.