South Florida-based Unisolo restaurant group has expanded its presence in Palm Beach County by opening its newest brand, Yakitori Sushi House, in Delray Beach. The new restaurant is the fifth concept opened by hospitality veterans Tina Wang and Chef Jason Zheng, owners of the popular Coco Sushi Lounge and Bar in Delray Beach and Saiko-i Lounge and Hibachi in Boca Raton. It features items from the robata grill, soups, salads, hot and cold appetizers, sushi, nigiri and sashimi, classic rolls and hand rolls, signature rolls, entrees, stir fry and fried rice.
“More and more people are discovering a passion for Japanese cuisine,” Wang says. “It’s healthy, it’s flavorful, it’s fresh…we just want to share this delicious food with as many people as we can.”
Wang and Zheng also acquired the adjacent retail space with plans to nearly double the current size of Yakitori. The expansion will kick off this summer and will feature a full bar with indoor and outdoor options and additional seating for the restaurant.
Menu highlights at Yakitori Sushi House include:
• Black Dragon, a signature roll with tempura soft shell crab, cucumber, and cream cheese, topped with eel avocado, spicy mayo and eel sauce ($18)
• Signature Lobster Pad Thai with eight ounces of lightly battered lobster tail, sauteed with rice noodles, egg, scallions, peanut, onion and bean sprouts in a pad Thai sauce ($35)
• Maguro Truffle with tuna, bubu arare, shitake cream, balsamic truffle soy and serrano peppers ($18)
• New Tuna Tartar with diced tuna or salmon, layered with wasabi, soy and guacamole and served with chips ($17)
• Scallop Carpaccio sliced thin sashimi style and served with truffle oil, wasabi yuzu, sea salt and fried garlic ($18).
Yakitori Sushi House is located at 7959 West Atlantic Ave. It is open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations are available on Resy.com and the restaurant delivers through Grubhub, Uber Eats, Doordash and Toast.
Photo Credit DeepRoots Agency