fbpx

My Coconut Creek

You can be a part of a major change in our community! We are embarking on improving Coconut Creek High School’s graduation rate and reputation. Built in 1972, Coconut Creek High School was the first high school constructed in the city. With enrollment at 1,600 students, only 29 percent of the students are proficient in reading and 43 percent are proficient in math. Out of the total student body, 72 percent are considered economically challenged. There are myriad obstacles that come with statistics like this. Our mission is to set goals to help these kids become college or workforce-training ready.

 We have some ideas, including the creation of a Medical Science Academy with an emphasis on EMT, sports and veterinary medicine. The school board and the city intend to establish collaborative partnerships with the schools along the Education Corridor on Coconut Creek Parkway to assist with this substantial challenge.

But we also want to hear from you. What are your thoughts on the Medical Science Academy? We also seek any positive and constructive ideas on raising the status of the school. Remember, it takes a village to raise a child. Your input is appreciated.

Share your ideas on speakupcoconutcreek.net. Click on the “forums” tab to find this topic.

You May Also Like

The Federal Opens at The Baptist Health IcePlex in Fort Lauderdale

The Iceplex is also home to the new Florida Panthers practice arena.

Olive & Sea Offers Monthly Master Mixology Class 

The Fort Lauderdale restaurant offers 156 indoor and outdoor waterfront seats, including a 14-seat bar facing the Intracoastal.

American Lung Association Hosts Annual Lung Force Soirée 

The fundraising event in Boca Raton supports lung cancer research.

Anticipated Return of Miami Swim Week Approaches

The event aims a global spotlight on fashion, culture, and sustainability.

Other Posts

My Coconut Creek

Join the hundreds of people who learn first-hand about employment with the city and new businesses opening or expanding in Coconut Creek by connecting with us on LinkedIn – the business-oriented social networking service. Besides learning about Coconut Creek opportunities, you can also build business relationships, have access to experts in many fields, and extend your

The Lifestyle List

What’s the buzz in South Florida?  Friday, Aug. 18 Pinot & Pasta The Atlantic Hotel & Spa is debuting a new event on the 5th floor Oceanfront Terrace that will feature a pasta buffet, two glasses of wine and live music by DJ Zach. Complimentary valet is included. When: 6–8 p.m. Where: 601 N. Fort Lauderdale